- Organic Yellow Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
- Peas, cooked – 1/4 cup
- Green chilies – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Fresh coconut, chopped – 1 tbsp
- Organic Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Organic red chili powder – 1 to 2 tsp
- Organic Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Organic Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – for garnish
- Heat a pan and dry roast yellow moong dal till it becomes golden in color and the aroma arises.
- Bring 2 cups water in a sauce pan to a boil. Add roasted moong dal and cook over low flame till it gets completely cooked. It should take 7-10 mins.
Meanwhile heat a pan with mustard oil. Add cumin seeds and let it sizzles.
- Add chopped green chilies, grated ginger, red chili powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Immediately add cooked dal, peas, salt, mix well and cook over low flame for 3 to 5 mins.
- Heat a tempering pan with ghee, add finely chopped fresh coconut pieces and roast till they become light brown in color.
- Transfer this ghee roasted coconut pieces to the simmering dal, mix well and switch off stove.
- Close the pan with a lid and let it rest for 2 more mins for the aroma to get infused with the dal.
- Garnish this bhaja muger dal with coriander leaves and serve with hot rice.