- Soak Organic chickpeas and Organic chana dal separately in plenty of water for 8-12 hours. Drain and rinse very well. Set aside.
- In a food processor /grinder add garlic, chickpeas, chopped coriander leaves, spices, lemon zest and juice. grind until the chickpeas and chana dal resembles fine mince but do not make paste. Mixture should be little coarse.
- Add the water if required while grinding the mixture.
- Heat the waffle iron to medium-high. Brush it with peanut oil or if you want olive oil you can use that too.
- Place two spoonfuls of batter each side in the center and gently close the lid and cook for 6-8 minutes depending on temperature setting of your waffle iron. The falafel is done when it is golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot falafel waffles with the baba ganoush and any salad for a delicious meal.