- Wash and soak tuver dal / yellow pigeon peas. Pressure cook the dal with salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and asafoetida for 2-3 whistles
- When dal is cooking prepare the tempering for dal. Heat 1tsp peanut oil in a pan and roast peanuts in the oil. After roasting take them out of pan.
- Heat the peanut oil and add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds and dried chilli.
- When seeds start to pop up add chopped tomato and cook them for 4 -5 minutes till pulpy
- Now add coriander powder and cook for one more minute. Mix this tempering along with jaggery in the dal and mix it well.
- Serve hot in a bowl, top with fried peanuts, chopped green chilli and coriander leaves.