- Heat up oil in a pan and add mustard seeds to the pan.
- When mustard seeds start spluttering add sliced onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat till the onion become translucent.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, mix well and immediately add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook this masala for 5-6 minutes over low medium heat till tomato become pulpy and soft. Add a tbsp or two tbsp of water if required and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now add ragi flakes and boiled green peas, sprinkle 3-4 tbsp of water. cook covered on slow heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Top it with chopped green chilli (if you are using), peanuts, fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.