- Soak the rajma (kidney beans) in planty of water for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place the millet in a strainer and rinse well. Drain completely and keep aside.
- Chop the onion and tomato finely. Mince the garlic and keep aside.
For the Millet bowl:
- Heat a pressure cooker pan.
- Add olive oil and when it gets warm, add drained millets and saute for a minute over low flame.
- Add water, salt, mix well and close with its lid.
- Cook for 2 whistles. Switch off stove and let the pressure subside. Open, fluff with a fork and set aside. Keep the pan closed to prevent the millet from drying.
For the spicy bean spread:
- Discard the water used to soak kidney beans. Rinse well.
- Place the beans in a pressure cooker. Add 1 cup water, a pinch of salt and pressure cook over low flame for 4 – 5 whistles. Drain it into a colander and set the cooked beans aside.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add minced garlic, chopped onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes, salt, red chili powder, kashmiri chili powder, cumin, black pepper powder, mix well and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes over low flame till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add tomato sauce or paste, cooked kidney beans, 1/8 cup water, mix well and cook covered for 2 mins over low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, take the pan off the stove and set aside.
For the Avocado Mint Sauce:
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado and add it to a mixie jar or food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Blitz to process till they resemble a thick sauce.
- Taste and adjust the salt and lime juice according to your preference.
How to assemble Vegan Millet Burrito Bowl:
- Take a bowl or plate. Add the cooked millet. Spread out evenly over the bowl.
- Scoop the spicy kidney beans, place in the center and spread lightly.
- Finally top it with some avocado mint sauce and drizzle some of the sauce all over the bowl as garnish.
- Best to dig in and enjoy while it is still warm.
- Instead of a bowl, use a tortilla, proceed with the steps and roll it like a mat into a tight wrap.
- Serve with some corn salsa or guacamole.