Foxtail millet – Onion Uthappam
( Kangni / Korra / Tenai / Navane )
- Mix Idli Rice, Foxtail Millet, Urad dal and Fenugreek together, wash and soak them for 3-4 hours.
- Grind them to Idli/Dosa-Batterconsistency
Leave the batter to ferment overnight.
- Ingredients for uthappam:
- 1 cup Onion (Finely chopped)
- As required Foxtail Millet Batter (Adjust the consistency by adding water)
- As required Oil
- Heat the Dosatawa and spread oil.
- Sprinkle the onion and spread the Foxtail millet batter over it. Drizzle oil around the uthappam.
- Close it with a lid to cook in medium flame. Bottom portion would have got crispy layer and upper portion will be soft. Now flip it around once and serve hot.