Dragon fruit is a tropical fruit that also goes by the name of strawberry pear. It has a kiwi-like texture and is available in three colours- red, white and pink. It has a combined taste of pear and kiwi and is essentially crunchy, juicy and sweet. There are very few things that taste good and yet prove to be good for the health. Dragon fruit is one of them and therefore it has a huge fan base among foodies and fitness enthusiasts. It is also called ‘superfood’ for its various health benefits.
- Diabetes – Dragon fruit consists of a very high amount of fibre, Vitamin B and Vitamin C that influences your blood sugar to stabilize its level. The seeds of Dragon fruit are very effective in the case of Type 2 diabetes. Researches have proved that the nutritional profile of dragon fruit is highly effective in treating hypertension and oxidative stress. If dragon fruit is consumed regularly, it can help in resisting issues arising from diabetes.
- Anti-ageing – No one wants to look older than they are. We have a habit of trying out every brand possible that boosts our skin health. Taking help from bottled chemical solutions is just a temporary solution that will cause issues in the long run. When we have such an incredible organic solution for your skin problems, why trust the chemical-rich cosmetics brands? Yes, we are talking about dragon fruit. It is supremely rich in antioxidants and it has a high water content that provides adequate moisture to the skin which keeps away wrinkles.
- A must during pregnancy – Dragon fruit is one of the most prized additions to a pregnancy diet chart. Most of the expecting mothers face anaemia during their pregnancy period. Dragon fruit being rich in iron is a good source of preventing a fall in haemoglobin levels. Dragon fruit also helps to produce red blood cells which play a very important role in supplying the baby with oxygen and essential nutrients. It also provides carbohydrates which is a much-needed energy booster for the mothers and also due to its high fibre content it helps in stimulating the process of digestion.
- Good for eyesight – The high content of beta carotene and the presence of other necessary pigments prevent eye diseases like muscular degeneration and cataracts. If you are experiencing unclear vision and pain while moving your eyeballs you must include dragon fruit in your diet.
- Boosts Brain Function – Brain is the monitor house of our body and undoubtedly the most important organ. In recent days the number of brain damage has gone up at an alarming rate. It is very important to take care of it. Make it a habit to consume dragon fruit regularly. It consists of essential vitamins and minerals to produce RBCs that increases the oxygenated blood flow to our brain. This protects the brain from any type of damages or stroke. Dragon fruit also provides nutrition to nerves and supplies them with a power booster.
- Perfect snack for kids – Dragon fruit is tasty and healthy and it is a rare combination that kids will fall for. There are not many organic foods that can compete with fast food in taste. But dragon fruit is an exception. It provides most of the essential nutrients, fibre, and vitamins to children which they need in their growing years.