Kalonji or black cumin seeds are an integral part of Indian cuisine. It is used to enhance the flavour and aroma of various curries and food preparations. Apart from being an interesting spice, kalonji or nigella seeds are packed with medicinal properties.
It can boost your health, heal the blemishes on your skin and is also known for its anti-carcinogenic trait. Read on to know more about this wonderful spice and the immense health benefits that one may derive by consuming it.
- Rich in antioxidants: Antioxidants play a crucial role in protecting the body against free radicals, which give rise to life-threatening diseases like cancer and other cardiac ailments. Certain compounds in kalonji like thymoquinone, carvacrol, t-anethole, and 4-terpineol are enriched with antioxidants and fight against oxidative damage.
- Regulates cholesterol level: Various studies have been conducted based upon which it was inferred that kalonji is associated with a significant decrease in LDL cholesterol as well as blood triglycerides. By lowering the cholesterol level, kalonji protects the body against major diseases.
- Anti-carcinogenic properties: Some research suggest that kalong can help prevent cancer. Owing to the presence of powerful antioxidants, it can fight against pancreatic, cervical, prostate and skin cancer. It eradicates free radicals and prevents oxidative damage.
- Anti-bacterial properties: Kalonji has proven beneficial against the damaging effect of certain bacterial infections. It can be used to treat and get rid of various strains of bacteria which are resistant to antibiotics.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: The black cumin seeds may have anti-inflammatory properties that can treat various chronic inflammations. The daily consumption of kalonji (in certified amounts as recommended by your doctor) can keep the body healthy and suppress many inflammations.
- Improves liver health: Liver is a crucial organ of our body as it carries out various important physiological functions of our body. A handful of kalonji can be effective against liver damage and reduces oxidative stress that otherwise may lead to severe liver diseases.
- Regulates blood sugar level: High blood sugar is one of the most threatening conditions a person can have. Some studies indicate that kalonji helps in minimizing the adverse effects of high blood sugar. A healthy quantity of kalonji aids in regulating and maintaining the blood sugar level.
- Fights stomach ulcers: Kalonji helps in protecting the stomach lining and prevent the formation of stomach ulcers.
- Memory and immunity booster: Kalonji helps to boost the immune system of the body due to the abundant presence of antioxidants. Moreover consuming powdered kalonji with a little bit of honey can also help in sharpening the individual’s memory.
The black magical seeds of the kalonji plant are useful for both culinary and curative purposes. Owing to the many health benefits, you have no excuse to not make it a part of your daily diet. 24 Mantra offers a range of certified organic products. Know more here: https://www.24mantra.com/products/