Green tea is one of the most potent beverages in the health community. And rightfully so! Just one cup of this simple concoction can help you reap a host of health benefits. The nutritional value of green tea is rather high, and it is low on calorie content. No wonder it has gained popularity as a health drink of late.
Here are some health benefits of green tea:
- It has a high concentration of vitamins and minerals which enhance the body’s metabolism rate
- It is a natural stimulator of weight loss
- It is a rich storehouse of antioxidants which have anti-aging effects and also fight against toxins that cause damage to internal organs
- It provides protection against heart disease and some types of cancer
- It has a relaxing effect on the brain and helps reduce stress
Among all these advantages, the one that usually catches the attention is its weight loss effect. Many people consume green tea in order to facilitate their weight loss programme. And time and again, it has proven to be a successful catalyst in the weight loss process. Here are some explanations of how green tea helps to lose weight.
- A particular type of antioxidant known as catechin helps burn fat and boost metabolism, an important factor in weight loss
- The caffeine component is a stimulant that improves activity levels and exercise performance
- Green tea is helpful in burning fat and getting rid of the excess flab
- It also helps in the process of digestion which, paired with the metabolism boost, aids the process of weight loss
While the nutritional value cannot be argued with, the weight loss itself may not be noticeable or clinically significant. Research shows that there are, indeed, small positive effects of green tea on weight, but not enough to completely rely on it for weight loss.
Instead, it can be a useful additive to a weight loss programme that includes regular exercise and a healthy diet. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that green tea alone will help you achieve the ideal weight. Only with physical activity and a controlled diet can you reach this target.
However, there is no harm is switching your morning cuppa to a healthful cup of green tea. WIth a number of health benefits, it is definitely a great way to start your day. What’s healthier than green tea, is organic green tea. It is grown without the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers and has all the goodness of nature. At 24 Mantra’s organic food store, you will get 100% certified organic green tea and a whole range of other organic products as well. Know more here: https://www.24mantra.com/products/