- MOST RECENT
Organic Foxtail Millet Honey Balls
- Heat a pan, add foxtail millet and dry roast over medium flame for 5 to 6 mins. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Heat the same pan, add ghee, broken cashew nuts and roast till golden in color and keep aside.
- Add roasted foxtail millet, rock candy, cardamom and grind to a coarse powder. It should be like rava (sooji)
- Transfer to a bowl, add the roasted cashewnuts along with ghee.
- Rub it into the coarse millet powder till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Make sure this mixture is completely cool.
- Add 2 tbsp honey first and mix well. You can serve as such, else try to make small ladoo shaped balls.
- If the ball keeps crumbling, add the remaining honey little by little till it comes together and you are able to shape the ladoos.
- Foxtail millet honey balls are ready.
- Store in an airtight jar and use within a week. No need to refrigerate.