- MOST RECENT
8 Science-Based Health Benefits of Coconut Water
Arguably the most delightful summer drink, coconut water is supercooling and has several healing properties. One can drink it or dab it on the skin to enjoy the fresh and purifying properties. Apart from eliminating dark spots and blemishes from the skin, coconut water plays an essential role in regulating various physiological processes within the human body. Loaded with vital minerals, this refreshing pulpy drink works wonders for our body.
Let us minutely go through some of the health benefits of drinking coconut water, as evident from various researches and studies all around the world.
- Consists of several nutrients: Coconut water consists of all the essential minerals like potassium, manganese, magnesium, sodium, calcium and even Vitamin C. It is also found to be a good source of fibre and can consequently aid in the process of digestion. The amount of protein in coconut water is crucial in repairing cells of the body.
- Possesses antioxidant properties: The presence of antioxidants in the body is very essential as they protect the cells from damage against free radicals and flush out toxins from the body. Seemingly coconut water retains a high amount of antioxidants which are extremely beneficial for the body.
- May be effective against diabetes: Studies conducted in a controlled environment have proven that coconut water can regulate blood sugar levels in the long run. The presence of a healthy quantity of magnesium assists in insulin formation too. Hence it is considered effective against diabetes.
- Prevents the formation of kidney stones: Many pieces of research have concluded that coconut water helps in preventing kidney stones. They enable reduction of crystal and stone formation which is how kidney stones come into being.
- Strengthens cardiovascular health: Consumption of coconut water can reduce the risk of heart diseases. It is a great substitute for sugary drinks and thus keeps the blood sugar as well as cholesterol in check.
- May reduce blood pressure: As discussed before, coconut water keeps our cholesterol in check and this rules out the possibility of high blood pressure. Moreover, it also maintains the electrolyte balance of the body.
- Excellent source of hydration: It is much better than most sugary and canned drinks, especially for people on a strict workout regime. It replenishes the body fluids after a tough workout session.
- Aids in weight loss: The amount of calories and fats in coconut water is absolutely negligible in comparison to the beneficial minerals and nutrients present in it. Moreover, it boosts the energy level and proves to be a great drink for athletes.
Coconut water can be taken at any hour of the day. It has a negligible percentage of fat. The bottom line being, it is a tropical drink that is delicious and nutritious in equal portions, hence a mandatory inclusion in your diet plan.