Our body uses different indicators to express internal discomfort. Vomiting is a common sign to express uneasiness in the stomach. Vomiting is not a disease in itself but a symptom of various health conditions.
Cause for vomiting:
Vomiting can result from a simple abdominal infection or other serious illnesses. Some of the common causes of vomiting are:
- Food poisoning
- Motion sickness or seasickness
- Certain strong smell or sound
- Bowel Obstruction
- Morning sickness in pregnancy
- Stomach flu
- Emotional stress, shock or pain
- General anesthesia
- Intestinal infection or blockage
- Heart attack
- Acute liver failure
- Brain tumour
- Gallbladder disease
Symptoms of vomiting:
Vomiting may not be very painful but it can cause a lot of discomfort. Along with nausea and uneasiness, some of the other symptoms to watch out for are:
- Stomach bloating or uneasiness- As foodborne infection is a common cause for vomiting; it may be accompanied by boating.
- Diarrhea – As the causes of diarrhea and vomiting are similar, patients may experience them together.
- Fever – If vomiting is due to stomach flu or severe abdominal infection, the person may have moderate to high fever.
- Excessive sweating and increased heartbeat – These are the indicators for some kind of physical discomfort or stress that may lead to vomiting.
- Abdominal pain – If the cause of vomiting is some health condition related to liver, gallbladder, or small intestine, the patient may complain of severe pain.
- Chest pain – When heart attack or failure is the cause for vomiting, the patient will suffer from intense chest pain.
How to treat vomiting?
To treat vomiting effectively, it is necessary to understand the cause behind it. The first response to vomiting in to relax the patient and try a few remedies which can provide instant relief. Here are a few things one can try.
- Rehydrate: Vomiting causes loss of fluids in the body which leads to dehydration. Sipping ice-cold water or fresh fruit juice may help improve the condition. If vomiting persists, it is advisable to administer intravenous fluids and break the vomiting cycle.
- Relax: Several techniques could be tried to relax the patient and reduce their stress. Slow breathing, fresh air, wrist acupressure, and a light head massage may be helpful. Lemon essential oil and the scent of fresh lemon helps relieve vomiting caused by pregnancy or motion sickness.
- Light diet: Patients should be given bland food avoiding any spicy or fried food. Adequate rest will also help relieve the uneasiness caused by vomiting.
- Medication: If vomiting persists even after trying these home remedies, it is good to seek the help of your doctor. He will be able to control vomiting with the help of appropriate medicine.
Always opt for organic fruits and food products to nourish your body and naturally combat ailments like vomiting. Free from chemicals and pollutants, organic food boosts immunity and general wellbeing. You can enjoy more than 200 organic products offered by 24 Mantra and gift yourself and your family a healthy and active lifestyle. Know more: www.24mantra.com