- MOST RECENT
Wheat dalia for weight loss? Read more - 24 Mantra Organic
Can you use wheat dalia for weight loss? Everything you need to know
Broken wheat dalia is often consumed in Indian households as breakfast due to its rich nutrient profile and the astounding health benefits that it has on your body.
Wheat dalia has been a diet constituent of the Middle East since years but it is only now that people are realizing the profound health benefits of this healthy staple.
Wheat dalia is consumed in sweet as well as savoury dishes and is highly effective for people looking to cut excess calories from their diets. Organic dalia is even better due to the absence of harmful chemical compounds.
Since it is a whole grain, it is an important source of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and proteins which makes wheat dalia an essential food choice for any health-conscious individual.
Wheat dalia calories incline on the lower side of the spectrum and coupled with high dietary fibre content, weight watchers should consider adding wheat dalia in their diet regimes.
It also has numerous health benefitting properties and we will analyse each of them. But first, let’s have a look at wheat dalia calories and its nutrient profile
Wheat Dalia Calories and Nutrient Profile
Dalia is not only tasty but is also home to various health benefitting nutrients. Since it is prepared by crushing whole wheat kernels, its consumption entails almost all the health-benefitting properties of whole grains. Here are the figures for wheat dalia calories and its nutrient constituents as provided by FatSecret:
|Nutrient||Value Per 100g|
At just 152 Kcal per 100g serving, broken wheat calories stand on the lower side which is a very healthy food choice for weight watchers. Low fat and high fibre content are also very beneficial for achieving sustainable weight loss goals.
Now that we have the figures for wheat dalia calories and its nutrient constituents, it’s time to analyse some of the health-benefiting facts of these amazing nutrients.
Wheat Dalia Nutritional Benefits
Aside from the low broken wheat calories, it also has numerous health benefits that are a direct result of its rich nutrient constituents. Since it is a rich source of various nutrients as well as trace minerals, the regular consumption of wheat dalia has been found to have long-lasting benefits for your body. Below is a comprehensive overview of the various health benefits of wheat dalia.
- Helps in maintaining a healthy blood sugar level: Whole grains tend to improve the body’s insulin response and helps in managing the blood sugar levels. Studies published on NCBI claimed the high fibre content coupled with phytochemicals in whole grains help your body in regulating blood sugar levels effectively. This makes broken wheat dalia very effective for people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
- Helps in relieving constipation: Wheat dalia has an enormous fibre content that can help people suffering from digestive ailments such as constipation. According to a study published on NCBI, dietary fibre has a tendency to move across the digestive tract without getting dissolved which makes it an effective constituent in relieving constipation.
- Promotes heart health: A recent study published on the NCBI claimed that regular consumption of whole grains has been linked to a decrease in risk of cardiovascular disease. Moreover, it is also suggested that sufficient and regular intake of Potassium-rich foods such as dalia can have numerous positive effects on your heart health. This makes dalia an excellent food choice for people looking for heart-healthy food items.
- Helps in weight loss: It is suggested that to facilitate quick and effective weight loss, there should be an inclusion of low-calorie food items in a diet and looking at wheat dalia calories, it is safe to say that it perfectly fits the bill. Moreover, a study published on NCBI concluded that the high fibre content helps you in feeling full quicker for longer and at the same time, lowering the amount of energy absorbed from food.
- Promotes healthy gut bacteria: A study published on NCBI concluded that regular consumption of whole grains such as wheat dalia can supplement the growth of healthy gut bacteria. These gut-friendly bacteria are crucial in ensuring a healthy intestinal function and help in maintaining a healthy digestive system. Since wheat dalia calories are already on the lower side, its regular consumption is going to have nothing, but positive effects on your digestive health.
- Helps in controlling hypertension: Dalia is rich in Potassium that is proven to alleviate symptoms of hypertension and helps in maintaining cardiovascular health. According to a PubMed report, Potassium counteracts the effect of sodium in the body and relaxes the blood vessels, thereby effectively easing the symptoms of hypertension, as well as high blood pressure.
- Helps in building and repairing body tissues: The high protein content in wheat dalia makes it perfectly suitable for vegans and vegetarians who are looking for additional protein sources to diversify their diets. As stated by an NCBI study, protein is essential in supporting bodily repaid functions and is extremely vital for the growth and development of the body. It is also very essential for the visual cycle and assists in numerous other metabolic activities.
Consumption of whole grains such as wheat dalia has numerous other health benefits as well. Aside from the low wheat dalia calories, it’s also packed with essential vitamins, minerals and a sufficiently high amount of dietary fibre that can perfectly you in meeting any weight loss goal.
Further research is already underway to identify more health benefits of wheat dalia, but as of now, it is safe to say that it perfectly meets the requirements of any healthy diet plan.
Try 24 Mantra Organics’s Wheat Daliya and taste the goodness of organic food!