- MOST RECENT
Healthiest Winter Vegetables To Warm You Up
Healthiest Winter Vegetable To Warm You Up
With the onset of winter, it is time to pack your kitchen shelves with loads of winter vegetables. With winter vegetables come a lot of nutritional value. Hence you should not skip the opportunity to enjoy these green, juicy winter vegetables. They are tasty, rich in flavour, keep you warm from within, help you to withstand the rough chilly temperature thereby decreasing your chances to catch flu or other seasonal diseases.
Today we are going to throw light on some of the amazing winter vegetables that can help you stay warm.
- Spinach – Spinach consists of some of the most essential vitamins like Vitamin A, B, C, D and E, along with magnesium and zinc. It consists of a huge amount of iron which is important for the body to form red blood cells. It can be used in salads with some cheese preferably cottage cheese or can be used to prepare soup. One of the best winter vegetables with loads of benefits.
- It prevents premature ageing
- Improves eye vision
- Boosts immunity
- Keeps the nervous system healthy
- Helps prevents cancer
- Its antioxidant properties are good for skin
- Improves the healing system of our body
- The high fibre content helps in weight loss and fights obesity
- Carrots – Carrots are crunchy, delicious and widely loved winter vegetables. It is loaded with vital vitamins and minerals like vitamin, B3, C, D, E, A and K. You can eat it raw, boiled and also you can cook it or have it with sandwiches or salads.
- It prevents cancer
- Helps to keep diabetes under control
- Maintains a healthy heart and keeps it relaxed
- Aids in weight loss
- It prevents hair fall, dry scalp and improves overall hair health
- Improves our skin and nails.
- Carrots are high in beta carotene which turns into vitamin A that helps to flush out the toxins from our body. It also reduces the risk of fat accumulation in our liver.
- Beetroot – This colourful winter vegetables are extremely tasty and offers numerous health advantages. It consists of iron, Vitamin A, B, C and many other vital nutrients. There are various ways of including beetroot in your diet in the form of salads, smoothie or juice.
- It improves our physical stamina by boosting plasma nitrate.
- It detoxifies the liver
- Reduces the risk of obesity and heart attack
- Helps to increase the count of white blood cells
- It boosts the immune system
- It is a rich source of calcium, magnesium, iron, sodium and phosphorus
- Helps to maintain body weight
- Helps to maintain systolic and diastolic blood pressure
- Sweet Potato – This is the cheapest of all the winter vegetables. It is only harvested in the winter season and is rich in taste, fibre, beta carotene, Vitamin A, B6 and C. Sweet potato offers several health advantages.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Rich in fibre and hence prevents the urge of frequent eating which helps to maintain the body weight and also prevents obesity.
- It prevents constipation
- Prevents heart attack
- Protects the body from flu, virus attack and common cold
- Helps to form blood cells
- Helps to reduce stress