- MOST RECENT
how to lose weight in 7 days
How to lose weight in 7 days?
Overweight and obesity are defined as abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that may impair health (1). According to the World Health Organization (WHO) worldwide obesity has nearly tripled since 1975.
And the numbers are not going to come down unless all of us do something about it. In some case’s there is a medical condition because of which a person cannot lose weight, otherwise, obesity is preventable. So, how to lose weight in 7 days? Before we answer that question, let’s answer a few more.
Who wants to lose weight?
Literally everyone these days wants to lose weight. People want to lose weight not only for aesthetic reason but also health is another major reason. The awareness about how obesity and overweight can cause health complications have given rise to the urge to maintain a healthy weight.
How much weight to lose in 7 days?
Yes, it is easy to put on weight but it’s hard to lose weight and it is even harder to maintain the ideal weight once it is achieved, especially if you’re thinking of how to lose weight in 7 days. It is very important not to do any crash dieting because it is something that cannot be sustained for a long period of time.
Guidelines by reputed international organizations state that 1 to 2 pounds or 0.5 to 1 kilogram of weight loss is a healthy weight loss (2, 3). This weight loss can be achieved by reducing 500-kilo calories a day for a week.
Of course, more weight than this can be lost but then there are more chances of putting it back on when you stop your weight loss program.
Adopting unhealthy weight loss practices such as skipping meals, fasting, smoking to cut down appetite, too much exercise, consuming stimulants and so on will help reducing weight but cannot be done for a long time or may give rise to health problems. And this leads to gaining the weight back (4).
So, how to lose weight in 7 days?
It is always better to take a professional’s help. Taking into consideration your dietary habits and physical activity patterns and most important any medical conditions you may have, a diet chart will be prepared.
An expert will help you understand how to lose weight in 7 days and cut your calorie intake without you becoming deficient in any of the essential nutrients.
Find a fitness expert who will help you plan an exercise regimen that suits your body. This will help in retaining muscle mass, otherwise weight loss does not mean that you will lose only fat you will lose some of the precious muscle mass also.
Here are a few pointers on how to lose weight in 7 days
- Crash diets do not work, plan a diet that suits you and your lifestyle and that which will stay with you in the long run.
- Try to avoid the word diet which has an adverse ring to it.
- Try to get more nutrients and less calories from food.
- No calorie dense snacks in between meals.
- Stick to regular meals because irregular eating times make it difficult to plan a meal chart and reduce weight.
- Try and include more low-calorie foods in your diet plan for example salads, fruits, vegetables, low fat milk, yogurt etc.
- Avoid or restrict calorie dense foods which are high in sugar and fat and low in other nutrients such as cakes, chocolates, potato chips, milk sweets and fried foods.
- Get everyone in the family involved. Family members should be supportive and encourage the person who is trying to develop healthy eating habits.
- Look at the labels carefully, some foods offer more calories per serving than others. Read food labels before buying foods while shopping!
- Make sure you lose weight in a healthy manner and take care that you do not become nutrient deficient. This is where an expert can help.
- And do not forget to follow a suitable exercise plan along with a healthy meal plan. Take help from experts, pinches the pocket a little but in the long run helps to keep weight in check than trying to follow what a friend told you or you read somewhere.
- Do not forget to tell all medical issues to the expert whose help you are taking.
Losing weight in a gradual manner will help you sustain it better when you go on a maintenance diet. And remember being healthy is more important than being reed thin! And that every individual is unique, what suits one may not be good for another. Follow a plan that suits you.
So the answer to how to lose weight in 7 days, is to remember there is no magic potion that makes you lose weight in a jiffy!
- World Health Organization (2018). Obesity and overweight.
- British Nutrition Foundation (2016).Healthy weight loss.
- Centers for Disease Control and prevention (2018). Losing Weight.
- Ferraro, Z. M., Patterson, S. and Chaput, J. P. (2015) Unhealthy weight control practices: culprits and clinical recommendations, Clinical medicine insights Endocrinology and diabetes. Vol. 8.