- MOST RECENT
Top 11 Science-Based Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are a ‘powerhouse’ of nutrients even though they are small in size. They are considered to be highly rich in magnesium and zinc. Pumpkin seeds are mostly consumed after they are roasted as a starter or as a nutrition snack. They fill our stomach for much longer than any other snack and also help us to resist hunger pangs. It provides more than fifty per cent of the regular body nutrition. Eating a small quantity of these seeds regularly can provide you with all the necessary nutrients and body fat.
- Provides necessary nutrients to our bones – Pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium which improves our bone density and strengthens the bone joints. For women, pumpkin seeds have a promising effect by cutting off the risk of osteoporosis which makes the bones porous and delicate.
- Beneficial for the heart – The sequence of omega 3, omega 6 in pumpkin seeds are highly effective in resisting sudden cardiac arrest, and stroke. It also helps to improve the function of endothelial, which is a lean membrane inside our heart. This prevents the accumulation of any fat on the artery wall of the heart, leading to a healthy heart.
- Good for liver health – The presence of many beneficial oils and antioxidants prevent life- threatening liver diseases like Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C. If you are suffering from fatty liver – you must include pumpkin seeds in your diet. It also resists the shrinking of liver cells that might result in liver dysfunction.
- Skin – Squalene is an antioxidant element that is present in pumpkin seeds. It has similar effects as that of beta-carotene. Squalene plays a major role in protecting our skin from harmful ultraviolet radiations. It is also effective in preventing skin cancer. But due to lack of enough evidence researchers are yet to claim this with more clarity.
- Prostate Health – Pumpkin seed oil helps to cure prostate enlargement which causes urine blockage in the bladder causing slow urine flow. It also prevents the initiation of kidney and urinary tract infections that occurs due to enlarged prostate. This is called Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). These symptoms appear at an older age. Researchers claim that the consumption of 320mg pumpkin oil for at least six months can bring the symptoms under control.
- Helps to sleep – It contains a neurological chemical called serotonin that calms down our nerves. It is an organic sleeping aid. It is also rich in Tryptophan that consists of amino acid which further transforms into serotonin when it enters our body. Inclusion of pumpkin seeds in your dinner may help you get a sound sleep.
- Gives relief in Arthritis – Pumpkin seed is a heavy carrier of omega 3, antioxidants and fibre. It is one of the most powerful vegan food that helps in reducing arthritis and rheumatism pain. The pumpkin seed oil is highly effective in treating joint pains. A regular massage with pumpkin seed oil can bring down the intensity of your joint pain.
- Bodyweight reduction – Pumpkin seeds can fill our stomach and satiate our hunger pangs. This prevents us from eating randomly and hence curbing the need for ingesting food that consists of a high level of fat.
- Boosts the immune system – Pumpkin seeds consist of antioxidants and vitamin E that helps to keep our blood vessels healthy which directly boosts our immune system.
- Faster hair growth – Pumpkin seeds are a high source of Vitamin C that is a major stimulator in hair growth. Apart from this it also contains Cucurbitacin that is responsible for improving hair density.
- A blessing for diabetic patients – Pumpkin seeds are most effective against Type 2 Diabetes. The magnesium and fibre content in the pumpkin seed can protect you against Type 2 diabetics. The consumption of pumpkin seeds is highly recommended for people who suffer from diabetes.