- MOST RECENT
11 Proven Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are one of the most flavourful and versatile ingredients. They blend well with baked stuff, smoothies, and even protein bars. Chia seeds belong to the mint family and recent studies have thrown light on multiple benefits that come with the consumption of chia seeds. Read on to know in detail about the 11 amazing health benefits of chia seeds.
- Immensely nutritious: Even a handful of chia seeds are loaded with many essential nutrients (quality protein, carbs, and essential fats) and minerals (manganese, phosphorus, calcium, zinc). Thus consuming chia seeds can uplift the body’s nutritional quotient by a significant amount.
- High in antioxidants: The necessity of antioxidants in the body lies in fighting the production of free radicals. Moreover, antioxidants are very beneficial for the skin too as they reduce the signs of aging.
- Rich in dietary fibre: Chia seeds contain highly soluble fibre which is good for the individual’s gut health and well-being. This can aid the bowel movement, improve one’s digestive process and prevent constipation.
- Highly proteinaceous: Protein is one most vital food groups and chia seeds apparently contain a sufficient amount of it. The ratio of protein is higher than that found in most plants.
- Promotes weight loss: This is the main reason why most people opt for this superfood worldwide. Consuming 2 tablespoons of chia seeds along with a glass of water every day can help in reducing belly fat. Owing to the high fibre content they also keep the stomach full and thus minimize the need for more food.
- It contains omega-3 fatty acids: They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which provides the body with a lot of health benefits.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases: Chia seeds assist in reducing blood cholesterol thus minimizing the common risks associated with the heart.
- Improves bone condition: These amazing seeds retain a high amount of calcium and thus they help in strengthening the bone density. Other essential bone nutrients like phosphorus and magnesium also aid in improving the bone condition.
- Regulates blood sugar levels: Studies have proven that chia seeds can maintain the blood sugar levels and this may be of some benefit to patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Minimizes the risk of breast cancer: The presence of alpha-linolenic acid in chia seeds helps in fighting off breast cancer. Moreover, the high amount of antioxidants also aid in fighting against cancerous elements.
- Boosts metabolic processes: The presence of B vitamins, zinc, magnesium, and iron can boost the metabolic functions of the body, making one more energetic.
Along with providing several health benefits, chia seeds can also be used to cook delightful recipes. Being high in antioxidants, protein, and other vital minerals, chia seeds are emerging as one of the best superfoods in the world right now. While you are making the switch to a healthier life, try going organic for a better result. 24 Mantra offers 100% certified organic products across several categories. Know more here: https://www.24mantra.com/products/