The increased availability of chemical-used products in the market has led to organic farming by households. Even you can see organic farming being cultivated in flats and apartments in their terrace/ balcony. Organic farming comes with benefits which are found appealing by consumers both in terms of monetary and health. If you are someone looking for organic farming advantages, then keep reading further.
- Reduced exposure to chemicals and pesticides – pesticides and chemicals are sprayed on farming to prevent diseases and fungus from building in plants and weeds. By using pesticides, the soil, water and air are equally contaminated, which can stick around in the environment for years or longer. Organic farming eliminates the use of synthetic products by encouraging the growth of healthy plants and protected soil. With the use of natural soil enhancement techniques, organic farming can be done quickly without the use of chemicals.
- Supports pollinators and healthier soil – another organic farming advantages for farmers is that there is less risk to bees and pollinators. The high antioxidant content in the organic farm soil support pollinators. Also, the soil will be rich in Vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids which increase the micronutrients and mineral levels in the food products.
- Natural fertilizers at farming locations – by creating natural fertilizers soil fertility is improved in organic farming. For this several methods are possible, like the crop-rotation, worm farming, green manure, composting etc.
- Organic farming advantages for a healthier working environment – organic farmers use less or no chemicals in their cultivation process. Hence the environment is safe and healthy for the farmer. There are no risks of respiratory diseases or heart diseases while farmers who use synthetic products suffer from health conditions like headache, fatigue, memory loss, neurological disease etc.
- Slow down global warming – by practising healthier and natural ways of cultivation without using any toxic pesticides, organic farming advantages in the slowdown of global warming.
- Specialization opportunities – organic farming allows the farmer to analyze which crop is best suited for his soil condition. This way, he can specialize in cultivating that particular crop. Organic farmers who sell directly to their customers can reduce the production cost as they are not using any synthetic products. Another advantage of growing a specialty crop is that these products are generally charged a higher price at the market.
- GMO-free foods are available – organic farming does not encourage GMO crops. Here, farmers are encouraged to cross-breed plants and animals to promote better and natural production levels. Besides, an organic farmer is not allowed to use industry-altered products in their cultivation process.
If you are someone looking to make something for the betterment of the environment and lives of the people, then this in-depth article on organic farming advantages will show you the way. It is a good step towards your family and society. If every farmer initiates in organic agriculture, this world will be a better place to live in for the next generation.