Although fenugreek is just a spice that is added as a flavoring agent, daily drinking of fenugreek water can cause some possible side effects. Read more to know about the side effects of fenugreek seeds.
Fenugreek as a spice has a rich source of medicinal values that has a positive impact on the health of an individual. Fenugreek is a herb that comes with white flowers and has been proven to offer benefits in relieving digestive disorders and allergic reactions. Fenugreek seeds possess anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Fenugreek is known in India by the name Methi, which is one of the integral spice seeds in Indian dishes.
If you are planning to drink fenugreek water on a routine basis in the near future, there’s a list of things that you need to consider before doing so. Here’s a sneak peek into the positive side effects of fenugreek when drinking fenugreek water daily:
- Helps to control diabetes – whether you are a diabetes patient or at the border level of being diabetic, you may consider drinking fenugreek water to control Type – 2 diabetes. Regular drinking of fenugreek water can help control your blood sugar levels and decrease the insulin resistance in your body.
- A satiating drink – drinking methi water daily will help you keep fuller for a longer time. Being packed with a rich source of fiber, methi water gives you a satiating feel and prevents you from craving unhealthy snacks.
- Fenugreek for hair growth – many of us would be quite aware of the fenugreek benefits on hair growth. Drinking fenugreek water will promote hair growth and increase the volume of your hair with improved texture.
- Helps flush out the toxins – yes, fenugreek can help the body by flushing out all the toxins. It helps in improving bowel movements and prevents constipation, indigestion, and other digestive disorders.
- Treats kidney stones – daily intake of fenugreek water may help in treating kidney stones and improving the overall kidney health.
Side effects of fenugreek:
Fenugreek is generally taken orally in the form of drinks. But when taken daily, there are chances of getting side effects and these include headache, bloating, upset tummy, diarrhea, etc.
Thus, when you are choosing to switch to some healthy lifestyle, think about switching to organic foods, especially organic fenugreek as these are the only foods that come with zero chemicals and no added preservatives.
Try 24 Mantra Organic Fenugreek Seeds and savour the taste of organic goodness.