Red rice is one of those nutritious foods to incorporate into your daily diet as a part of staying healthy and fit. As it contains a rich source of fiber and flavonoid – anthocyanin, it can be consumed either partially or fully cooked.
When it comes to rice, whether red rice or brown rice, it has always been a question of which one to have, as both share almost the same nutritional benefits. But if you are looking to switch from brown rice to red rice, well then red rice is a perfect choice. This nutrient-rich organic red rice comes with a nutty flavor and goes well with vegetables and meats.
What makes red rice so special is the presence of anthocyanin, a flavonoid that gives this rice red color. Red rice, when compared to other rice varieties, has high nutrients and is loaded with the goodness of nature. Incorporating red rice in your daily food regime can create wonders on your body with the following benefits:
- Helps in diabetes management – Red rice has a low glycemic index, which means it helps in controlling blood sugar levels.
- Helps in the prevention of asthma – Red rice contains a rich source of Magnesium, hence, regular consumption of red rice helps improve oxygen circulation and prevents asthma.
- Improves digestion – Red rice aids in healthy digestion and including it in your daily diet is good for your stomach as well.
- Pauses cravings for a while – When you consume other rice varieties, the chances of having hunger pangs are a bit high compared to that of red rice and you end up eating junk foods/ snacks in between. This indicates that you have not been satiated. Red rice, on the other hand, contains a high amount of Fiber, which makes you feel satiated for long and thus helps manage your weight.
- Prevents arthritis and ensures cardiovascular health – Calcium and Magnesium are two vital nutrients present in red rice. Red rice boosts your bone density and prevents bone-related diseases. In connection, red rice prevents arthritis and osteoporosis. Red rice helps reduce cholesterol levels as well owing to the presence of bran.
How to include red rice in your daily diet?
Soak the red rice for at least an hour in a large bowl before cooking. This will help to get rid of dust, germs, dirt, etc. next add water in a 1:4 ratio (4 cups of water for 1 cup of rice) and boil. Once the water boils, add the rice and cook for 20 minutes on a low flame. Once cooked, drain out the excess water and serve in a vessel. Your healthy red rice is cooked and ready to eat.
Try 24 Mantra Organic Red Rice and savour the taste of organic goodness.