Before we begin workout, some of the best warm up exercises can prepare our muscles for the workout. Let’s find out why warm up is important.
We are always expected to warm up before workout. But at times it may so happen that we are in a hurry and might be tempted to skip the warm up. But that’s not a good idea. It can lead to many issues.
Let’s find out why it is important to warm up before workout.
- It increases our body temperature and blood flow: Before beginning the exercise, our body temperature and blood circulation are low. Warm-up exercise helps raise our body temperature, which is helpful to our muscles. As our body temperature and blood circulation increases, oxygen becomes more available to our muscles. This allows them to contract and relax easily. Then we are able to perform more strenuous workouts with ease.
- It mentally prepares us for the workout: If you start a workout without adequately preparing yourself, then it can have a negative impact on your body and mind. This preparation is not just physical, but mental as well. Warm up prepares you gradually for the workout. Use your time warming up to think about what you’re about to do. It will align both your body and mind to indulge in more strenuous workouts.
- It reduces risk of injury: Not doing warm up before workout may invite unwarranted injuries. Warming up improves muscle elasticity and allows efficient cooling, meaning less probability of getting hurt.
- It increases flexibility: Warm up allows our body to increase its flexibility in both the short and long-term. It improves our ability to perform workouts and range of motion.
Now let’s see some of the best warmup exercises you can do before workout.
- Jogging: It is always a good idea to start your warm up with light cardio like jogging. You can do five to ten minutes of jogging to increase the blood flow in your body. You can also go cycling.
- Plank: Plank is one of the best warmup exercises for building core and back strength, as well as improving balance and posture. Once warmed up, you can challenge yourself with variations such as the forearm plank and side plank. You can also do dynamic planks.
- Side lunges: This warm up exercise works our lower body and strengthens our legs and hips. It would be better to make the first few lunges easier by only going halfway down and then progress to the full lunge.
So keep these points in mind and do not forget to warm up before workout.
Try 24 Mantra Organic’s products and savour the taste of organic goodness.