Generally tea is associated with a morning ritual. Most of us wake up with tea. It is not advisable to have tea before going to sleep. It can have a wide range of negative implications on health including disturbed sleep, poor digestion, etc. But when it is green tea then the results are surprisingly positive. In this blog, we will discuss how green tea at night can benefit your wellbeing in different ways. But before that let’s understand what green tea is.
What is green tea?
Green tea is made from Camellia sinensis leaves and buds that have not undergone the withering and oxidation process that is employed for making oolong teas and black teas. There are many varieties of green tea which differ substantially with each other based on the variety of Camellia sinensis used, growing conditions, production processing, time of harvest, and more.
Benefits of Green Tea at Night
There are many benefits of drinking green tea at night. Let’s see how green tea before bed can help us in different ways to live a healthier, and happier life.
- Improves Quality of Sleep: First thing first! Many beverages disturb the sleep cycle like coffee and conventional tea. But contrary to them, green tea at night promotes better sleep quality. Theanine is present in green tea and it is the main sleep-promoting compound in green tea. Theanine reduces stress-related hormones and neuron excitement in your brain, allowing it to relax. And obviously improved sleep quality would improve the overall quality of your life significantly. It would help you wake up recharged, reduce stress, perform better and remain in a good mood.
- Positive Mood and Reduced Stress: Green tea concoction can elevate your mood and reduce your stress. The L-theanine in green tea aids in fighting depression. L-theanine in green tea helps in reducing anxiety and feeling relaxed.
- Boosts our Immune System: Green tea is rich in polyphenols. Polyphenols are the antioxidants that are known to have anti-inflammatory properties. They can help protect from auto-immune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis. Green tea helps you improve your body’s immune system. But do not consume it on an empty stomach. It reduces the absorption of B1 vitamin in your body causing a condition known as beriberi.
- Reduces Cholesterol Levels: Green tea at night also helps you lower the level of bad cholesterol in the body. It contains different types of antioxidants that protect us from the free radicals in your body.
- Reduces Risk of Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes is a widely prevalent disease across the globe and consumes millions of lives each year. Green tea before bed assists in improving the insulin sensitivity of the body and hence helps in regulating the blood sugar levels.
- Improves Brain Function and Protects Brain: Green tea contains caffeine, although in less amounts compared to that found in coffee. Caffeine is known to improve brain functions and even memory. Green tea contains L-theanine which has anti-anxiety properties that soothe your senses and make you feel relaxed.
Our 24 Mantra Organic green tea has been produced organically in a natural environment, devoid of all harmful pesticides, fertilizers and rich in natural goodness is the perfect way to end the day and prepare for the next one. Having this green tea at night can definitely work wonders for you!
Try 24 Mantra Organic’s Green tea and savour the taste of organic goodness.