- MOST RECENT
Some Amazing Proven Benefits Of Assam Tea
Here Are Some Amazing Proven Benefits Of Assam Tea
Tea is one of the most widely consumed beverages globally. India accounts for the 2nd largest tea producer and the largest consumer of tea worldwide. Assam tea is a black tea variety that comes from the Indian state of Assam. It is known for its rich flavour and a host of health benefits and is loved by many.
Talking about Assam tea benefits, it is rich in antioxidants, and a host of nutrients along with a high caffeine content makes it the perfect choice for including it in your breakfast. The tea is obtained by oxidizing freshly plucked leaves of the tea plant in a controlled temperature environment over a predefined period.
Once the leaves are fermented, chemical changes occur in the leaves, resulting in flavours reminiscent of the authentic Assamese flavour. Its distinctive flavour is sought after by many, and Assam tea benefits, especially for the organic variety, make it a perfect beverage for health-conscious individuals.
There have been various studies carried out across the globe for studying Assam tea health benefits. If you are someone who consumes a perfectly brewed pot of this wonderful beverage, we have some good news!
Past researches have shown that Assam tea benefits are not just limited to maintaining a healthy body. Still, its regular consumption can help you in preventing various forms of cancers and chronic heart diseases. In this post, we will look at Assam tea benefits and how its everyday consumption affects your body.
Assam Tea Benefits: How Healthy Is It?
Assam tea is rich in plant compounds that are proven to have numerous positive effects on the body. According to FatSecret, a 240ml serving of black Assam tea provides only 20 calories and has high caffeine content. This can prove beneficial for weight watchers who want to get that extra push of energy for their intense work-out sessions. Let’s look at Assam tea benefits and how the plant compounds present in the tea benefit your body.
- Highly rich in antioxidants: Assam tea is rich in plant-based compounds such as theaflavins, thearubigins, and plant catechins. According to a study published on NCBI, these antioxidants can help your body prevent diseases by fighting harmful free radicals that are naturally produced in your body. These compounds also contribute highly to decelerate the aging process and protect body tissues from damage.
- Protects from chronic diseases: Assam tea benefits in terms of polyphenols is unparalleled. According to an NCBI study, the polyphenols present in Assam black tea protect from heart ailments by reducing the cholesterol levels in your body and preventing plaque build-up in the arteries. The same study also concluded that polyphenols could help prevent obesity by suppressing the absorption of specific lipids and complex sugars.
- Helps in maintaining immune function: The benefits of Assam tea also benefit your immune system. As per a study published on PubMed, the polyphenols in Assam black tea help enormously in maintaining the health of the gut-friendly bacteria in your digestive system. These microbes are crucial in fighting with harmful bacteria that enter your body through the oesophagus and polyphenols help in proliferating the healthy gut bacteria in your body.
- Helps in fighting a few types of cancers: Assam tea health benefits also include cancer prevention. As per a study published on PubMed, the strong antioxidant content and presence of bioactive constituents such as amino acids, alkaloids, and polyphenols in Assam black tea can help your body prevent various types of cancers from harboring in your body. The same study also concluded that these compounds could inhibit the growth of cancer cells in patients.
- Enhances mental alertness: Assam tea benefits include mental alertness due to the presence of the amino acid, L-theanine. This can boost the alpha waves in your brain that result in increased mental clarity, cognitive ability, and alertness. In fact, a study published on the NCBI, the L-theanine combined with caffeine exhibits anti-stress properties, which can help in uplift mood and treat stress-related ailments.
- Improves brain health & function: Certain compounds present in Assam tea help in preventing Alzheimer’s disease. According to a study published by PubMed, the tea polyphenols present in Assam tea can help in barring the production of the key enzymes in your body that accelerate Alzheimer’s. A few research types also suggest that the theaflavin present in Assam tea can help in the treatment and prevention of degenerative brain illness.
As you can see, Assam tea benefits, especially for the organic variety, are immense. Its regular consumption can do wonders for your body, and since it provides just 20 calories per serving, the likelihood of raking in extra pounds from its consumption is eliminated. The unique amino acid profile combined with plant-based compounds make Assam tea one of the healthiest beverages on the planet.
If you have a taste for it, it is highly advisable that you include black Assam tea in your everyday diet. However, if you want to limit your caffeine intake, it is suggested that you consume Assam tea in moderation since a 240ml serving provides 60-112mg of caffeine. The excess intake of caffeine has been linked to anxiety, insomnia, and an increased heart rate.
Assam tea benefits are not just limited to these, and there are numerous researches ongoing across the globe for analyzing more health benefits of this wonderful beverage. When you are in the market for Assam tea, make sure that you opt for the organic variety. This can save you from the metal contaminations that teas usually contain and are free from harmful pesticides. Organic Assam tea varieties are non-GMO and free from artificial chemicals and ensure that every cup you brew is guaranteed to be 100% pure & healthy.
Try 24 Mantra Organic’s Assam Tea and feel the goodness inside!