- MOST RECENT
How to Gain Weight in a Week?
How to Gain Weight in a Week?
People wanting to lose weight is very common but there are cases where people inquire how to gain weight in a week. These people find it very difficult to put on weight just as hard as people find it to lose weight.
Why being underweight is a problem?
Underweight may be a result of malnutrition because of eating less than what is recommended. If a person is thin or underweight because of not taking enough calories through diet, in near future, it may end up with nutritional deficiencies and other related problems.
People who are undernourished may show signs of fatigue, lack of energy, irritability, lack of concentration and most important may have low immunity.
Take medical opinion
First go to your doctor and discuss your weight issue before browsing about how to gain weight in a week. Rule out any medical condition such as uncontrolled diabetes or any infection which may be the underlying reason for low weight. Once that is ruled out and you get your doctor’s opinion, you can take an expert’s help to gain weight.
How to gain weight in a week?
Both gaining and losing weight should be done in a healthy manner. It is a known fact that 7000-kilo calories are needed to put on about 1 kg weight.
The objective should be to put on lean body mass rather than just fat. Do it in a natural way which means eating a nutritious diet and gradually putting on weight. Avoid unsafe short cuts.
Here are some pointers on how to gain weight in a week in a healthy way.
If you want to put on weight, say 1 kg, spread the 7000 kilocalories over a period of one and a half to two weeks. These calories are over and above what you are already taking. A weight gain of ½ a kg or a little more in a week is good enough.
Things you could do:
- Incorporate healthy foods in your diet which will also add calories. Foods that can be incorporated are: whole grains, protein-rich items (milk, fish, eggs, legumes), nuts and seeds, fruits and vegetables.
- To a balanced diet, add calorie-dense foods. Nuts and dry fruits, a little ghee to your rice can be easily added. Try increasing calorie content without having to eat an excessive amount of food.
- Eat small meals frequently in case you are unable to increase the amount of food you eat.
- Plan meals which along with calories give all the essential nutrients necessary to maintain health.
- Eat 3 large meals and include two small meals. That is, include one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon snack or a small meal.
- For people trying to know how to gain weight in a week, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Having a healthy snack before bedtime may help. A cup of milk or yogurt with fruit or fistful of nuts would serve the purpose.
Things you should NOT do:
- Do not consume fats, sodas, and other empty calorie-containing foods excessively just to put on weight. An unhealthy intake of fat may cause other problems and it may be harmful to heart health.
- Individuals looking for tips on how to gain weight in a week, often opt for unhealthy foods. Unhealthy foods will lead to the accumulation of belly fat or abdominal obesity which in turn increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases and type 2 diabetes.
- Do not lead a sedentary lifestyle hoping you will put on weight. Physical activity contributes to being healthy and also increases appetite.
- Make exercise a part of your daily routine. Increase your weight by adding muscle to your body composition, not just fat. You should increase your weight but at the same time aim for a nice well-toned body. A fitness expert could help with choosing a suitable training routine.
Whatever you do stick to dietary guidelines so that whatever weight gain is achieved it is done in a healthy and safe way. For people who often wonder how to gain weight in a week, it is always better to take a nutritionist’s help to plan healthy, calorie-dense and nutrient-dense meals. In the long run, empty calories cause more harm than good.