- MOST RECENT
Multigrain Atta For Weight Loss – Does It Work?
An Indian meal is incomplete without the addition of grains. Every cuisine of India, whether from the North, South, East, or West, always have some dish prepared out of one or multiple grains.
Depending on just one kind of grain to provide full nutrition is unwise. It is essential to consume as many different types of grains as you can to get overall nutrition comprised of multiple vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and proteins.
Based on availability or preference, various grains together can have many health benefits, especially for weight loss. By playing around with the ratios of different grains, you can focus on achieving different health goals.
Multigrain atta for weight loss is one of the more popular options in healthy eating.
What Are The Ingredients In Multigrain Atta comprised of
Multigrain atta has become popular as a replacement for one-grain flours like wheat flour or ragi flour. Multigrain flours are made by grinding whole grains together.
Whole grains are the entire kernel – including the germ, the bran and the endosperm. Multigrain atta made out of whole grains is better than those made out of refined grains. Refined grains, in their processing, loose most of the inherent nutrients.
The more common ingredients that comprise multigrain atta include
- Wheat – Whole wheat is rich in fibre, folic acid, and vitamin B -12. It is also a good source for multiple minerals like selenium, phosphorous, and copper.
- Ragi – It is an excellent addition option when it comes to multigrain atta for weight loss as the amino acid tryptophan helps in keeping the stomach full over a more extended period.
- Bajra – The complex carbohydrates in bajra are slow to digest. A gradual release of carbs makes hunger less frequent. This, in turn, helps in weight management.
- Jowar – Jowar is rich in magnesium and calcium, essential for bone health. It is also a good source of fibre, which is necessary to maintain digestive health.
- Oats – The soluble and insoluble fibre in oats help in managing cholesterol levels in the body and reducing the chances of heart diseases.
- Soybean – A compound called phytosterols is found in soybean – it is essential in lowering cholesterol levels in the body. Soybean is an excellent meat alternative for vegans and vegetarians.
- Corn – Corn is high in protein and an excellent substitute for animal proteins. The protein content helps in weight loss by keeping the body full for a longer time.
Uses For Multigrain Atta For Weight Loss
Weight loss is a broad activity that involves staying fit along with eating healthy. Eating healthy means, one has to have all necessary vitamins and minerals in their diet that encourage the body to lose weight.
Using multigrain flour in your weight-loss oriented diet can give you multiple options to choose from.
You can use multigrain atta to make an untold amount of recipes. Swapping single grain flours like wheat or refined flour with multigrain atta kicks the nutrition of any recipe up a notch.
How to Make Multigrain Atta At Home?
With the availability of different brands in the market – both organic and otherwise, it is quite an easy task to procure multigrain atta for weight loss.
However, nothing can compare to flour that has been cleaned, roasted and ground at home at your convenience.
The first step in making your multigrain atta for weight loss is choosing the right grains. For overall weight loss and general health, you need the right mix of fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, iron, and calcium.
The grains and millets need to be cleaned to remove any dust particles, stones, or sticks. The chosen grains except for wheat are dry roasted till all the moisture content gets evaporated. Once the grains cool down, the wheat and oats are mixed with the other dried grains.
To grind these whole grains to make multigrain atta for weight loss, you need an extremely powerful grinder. And unless you have one at home, it is better to take the whole multi-grains to a local flour mill to get it crushed.
Store the ground multigrain atta in airtight containers and enjoy the benefits over a long period. Achieve your goal for weight loss with this healthy multigrain atta.
Multigrain atta is an incredible source of a whole host of nutrients, vitamins, and dietary fibres, among other things. It presents the best of all the worlds and can be a very helpful ally when it comes to losing weight. So the aforementioned was a sneak-peek into multigrain atta for weight loss, and it’s benefits. Hope you had fun going through it.