Wheatgrass is the freshly sprouted grass of the young common wheat plant. This is a superfood with immense health benefits which can be grown easily indoors as well. Some people choose to grow their own wheatgrass while some prefer to buy wheatgrass powder or capsules. Although wheatgrass has many benefits, in order to get the best results and avoid side effects one should know the optimal wheatgrass powder dosage.
Wheatgrass is a living food and rich source of Vitamins, Minerals, Chlorophyll, essential Amino acids and many Antioxidants.
The Optimum Wheatgrass Powder Dosage
Wheatgrass leaves can not be digested by humans since it contains cellulose and hence they are either squeezed to make juice or consumed as powder. Many health and wellness brands sell wheatgrass powder and capsules. The recommended wheatgrass powder dosage to avoid any side effects and gain maximum benefits is 2-3 grams twice a day.
How to consume Wheatgrass Powder?
- Take 2-3 g of Wheat grass in a glass of water.
- Drink it an hour before eating.
Wheatgrass Juice Dosage
Recommended wheatgrass juice dosage is 30 ml of juice twice a day or about 1 teaspoon. You can prepare fresh wheatgrass juice and drink it twice a day almost an hour before the meals. If you don’t like the taste you can add some honey to fresh wheatgrass juice.
How to make wheatgrass juice?
For making wheatgrass juice, you need fresh wheatgrass leaves. You can either grow them on your own or get them from local organic farms, supermarket stores etc.
- Take 250 gm of organic fresh wheatgrass leaves.
- Wash the leaves and remove the ones which have turned yellow.
- Pass small bunches of wheatgrass through the juicer.
- Eventually, you’ll be left with the juice and some pulp.
- Remove the pulp using some cheesecloth and drink the fresh juice immediately because it starts to get oxidised soon and hence loses its nutritional value. So consume it as soon as you prepare it.
- If you don’t have a juicer, you can make it with a blender as well. Blend the wheatgrass and water in the blender till it is completely pulverized.
- Pass the juice through a cheesecloth to remove the pulp.
If you do not want to whip it up from scratch then use half a tablespoon of wheatgrass powder in your smoothies or plain water.
If you do not have the time and resources to prepare the juice then you can buy 24 Mantra’s organic wheatgrass powder. Just remember to choose organic and consume the recommended wheatgrass powder dosage for best results.
Try 24 Mantra Organic Wheat Grass Powder and savour the taste of organic goodness.