You see a high demand for organic foods. Is that a trend or that people are taking a step further to stay healthy? Whatever be the reason, organic food benefits are many that keep your children and family healthy. But there are so many fake-organic foods available in the market, which the consumers should be cautious about. This article is all about helping the families to know the benefits of organic foods.
- Reduces public health risks – the first and foremost of organic food benefits is that it helps reduce the risk of chronic and lifestyle diseases. These days, the number of diabetic, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and cancer-affected patients are in high numbers. If you follow an organic diet for your children, the coming generation will be much healthier and sportive. Also, you don’t have to worry about kids holding fruits and vegetables from the store, as they are free from pesticides.
- Rich in nutrients – apart from preventing health risks, organic products are rich in nutrients such as Vitamin C, magnesium, iron, and phosphorus. With less exposure to pesticides and chemicals, organic food benefits our health when eaten regularly. Organic tomatoes have higher Vitamin C and polyphenol contents than conventionally processed tomatoes.
- Healthy fats – the meat and milk that you get from the store has less amount of healthy unsaturated fats. While the meat and dairy that are organically produced have about 50% more omega-3 fatty acids.
- No artificial hormones, no antibiotics – for meeting the growing demand even in offseason, farmers tend to inject synthetic growth hormones to make the animals gain weight faster and produce more milk. But with organic food products, you don’t have to worry about any antibiotics to protect against illness.
- High level of antioxidants – organic foods have found to contain a high level of antioxidants, which thereby reduce the risk of heart disease, certain chronic health conditions, and cancer.
- Fresher produce and yields – as organic foods don’t contain any preservatives to make it last longer, they are often fresh and should be used within a short time.
- Organic food benefits for better environment – organic farming is done by reducing pollution, conserving water, reducing soil erosion, and increasing soil fertility. By all means, it serves as a better place for farming.
- Organic food is GMO-free – GMO (genetically Modified Organisms) foods are plants or animals whose DNA has been altered in ways where traditional crossbreeding cannot happen.
- Positive impact on your mental wellbeing – the food that you eat and grow can affect your emotional and mental wellbeing. Organic foods are rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which promote mental stability and emotional wellbeing.
Organic food benefits the family as it reduces the number of chemicals stocked in your body from the consumption of processed and junk foods. But one thing about organic produce which some people keep debating is about the price. Yes, the organic products are a bit pricey than typical conventional produce. But since families have started focusing on the health, the price has never been a concern as you are gaining more nutrients.