- MOST RECENT
Mouthwatering Bhaji Recipe
A bhaji recipe every member of your family will love
Mumbaikar’s favorite Pav Bhaji is one of the most popular Indian street foods. Irrespective of the age, this dinner roll served with spicy mashed vegetables is liked by everyone, especially during the monsoon. Though the Pav bhaji recipe is available throughout India, the authentic taste of this street food can only be seen in Mumbai. So are you ready to hack that magical recipe? Then keep reading further.
The time required for pav :
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Course: Evening snack
- Cuisine: Indian street food
Ingredients required for pav :
To toast Pav:
- 8 pav/ bread roll
- 4 tsp butter
- ½ tsp pav bhaji masala or
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili/ red chili powder
Ingredients for the bhaji recipe:
- 2 potato boiled and mashed
- 3 tomato finely chopped
- ¼ cup green peas
- ½ capsicum finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder + ¼ tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ of the lemon squeezed to juice
- Water as required to adjust the consistency
- 1 tsp salt
bhaji recipe – How to make:
- Take a Kadai and heat 1 tbsp butter until its melt.
- To it, add fenugreek leaves and onion
- Mix onions well in the butter and sauté on low to medium flame until the onion turns golden brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté well till the raw smell goes away.
- Add 3 tomatoes finely chopped and mix well.
- Sauté the tomatoes on low to medium flame until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now add finely chopped capsicum and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes
- To it, add all the masala powders as mentioned above and mix them very well.
- Add the cooked veggies (potato, green peas) and mix well so that the gravy sticks well on the vegetables.
- Add water until you get the desired consistency. You can also add the stock water of boiled vegetables.
- Mix well until the curry turns out to be a thick gravy (not so thick not so watery)
- Season it with salt and keep on stirring for 8-10 minutes on low flame.
- Before serving season, the bhaji with finely chopped onions.
For making toasted Pav:
- Meanwhile, add butter on a low flame Tawa until melts.
- When the butter begins to melt, add pav bhaji masala and mix it with a spoon
- Slice the Pav from the center and place it on the butter.
- Rotate the Pav all over the melted butter so that it absorbs the butter.
- Now turn over the Pav and repeat the same.
- You can add more butter if you want to toast more.
- Take the toasted pavs and keep aside in a plate.
- Tasty and yummy pav bhaji recipe is ready.