- MOST RECENT
5 Health Benefits Of Saunf Milk
India is known for its variety of food. Vegetarian or non-vegetarian – there is something to everyone’s taste available in any corner of this great country.
Chicken is one of the universally available meats in the world, isn’t it? After all, doesn’t everyone like the chicken varieties in popular eateries like KFC and McDonald’s?
In India also, there are many popular chicken recipes – from the Amritsari Murgh Makhani in the North to the Chicken Chettinad in the South, every state boasts its speciality.
But here, you are going to get a glimpse of the famous black pepper chicken recipe – a dish prepared in several ways by the South Indian states. Black pepper chicken can be served as a starter or as a side dish for rotis or rice.
But here’s the question of the day – How do you make a delicious black pepper chicken recipe?
Don’t worry, we have got you covered. Read ahead and find out!
As the name suggests, the dominating flavour of a black pepper chicken recipe is black pepper. But you don’t want to overwhelm your tastebuds with too much pepper. A truly lip-smacking black pepper chicken recipe needs to balance the pepper taste with a tinge of other ingredients.
Here is your quick guide to a tasty black pepper chicken recipe. However, don’t be intimidated by the number of ingredients that go into making this chicken recipe – you already have all the ingredients in your pantry. Get more black pepper chicken recipes here at Archana’s Kitchen and Indian Healthy Recipes.
500 grams of boneless chicken
1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
A pinch of salt
Juice of a quarter lemon
For Pepper Chicken
1 finely chopped large onion
2 tomatoes finely chopped
2 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of red chilli powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 bay leaf
1 sprig of curry leaves
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
2 pods of cardamom
1-inch piece of cinnamon
2 tablespoon oil (to cook)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
Method of Preparation
1. The first step to make the black pepper chicken recipe is to marinate the chicken. Mix the chicken, turmeric, ginger garlic paste, salt and lemon juice in a big bowl. Once all the chicken is coated in the spices, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. While the chicken marinades, get the gravy started for the black pepper chicken recipe.
3. In a frying pan, heat the oil. Once the oil heats up, add the cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, and curry leaves. Stir till they start spluttering.
4. Add the chopped onions and cook till they start turning translucent. Then add the chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, and the garam masala powder. Stir well and let them cook. Remember, using organic ingredients for such dishes is a better option due to the lack of chemical compounds.
5. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and add to the hot pan. Along with the chicken, add the freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and close the pan, allowing the chicken to cook. Add about 2 tablespoons of water into the pan to avoid burning.
6. Cook till the chicken becomes tender and is thoroughly cooked through. If you want a dry version of the black pepper chicken recipe, cook the chicken on an open flame till all the liquid evaporates.
7. If you want a gravy, then switch off the flame once the chicken has been cooked thoroughly. Add the chopped coriander to the pan and mix well with the chicken.
8. Transfer the contents of the pan into a serving plate and garnish with an additional teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of chopped coriander leaves.
1. You can use chicken with bones or without in this recipe, depending on your choice.
2. If you want to make the back pepper chicken recipe more exotic, you can add a cup of coconut milk while cooking the chicken instead of only water. In case you are not a fan of too much spice, the coconut milk has the added benefit of reducing the impact of the pepper.
3. The measure of ingredients taken here will yield enough black pepper chicken to feed around 3-4 people. If you are cooking for a larger crowd, you can scale up the recipe by simply doubling or tripling the mentioned ingredients. Remember, using organic compounds is an even better option due to their health benefits.
4. Ensure that you are using fresh black pepper while cooking this recipe. Black pepper chicken recipe gets its signature taste from the potency of black pepper. If your pepper has become stale, then the ultimate taste of the chicken will not be as strong.
5. The amount of spice given here gives an overall mild taste to the chicken. However, depending on your spice tolerance, you can increase the amount of chilli powder or garam masala powder while making the black pepper chicken recipe.
6. If it is your first time preparing this black pepper chicken recipe, do follow the instructions and measurement given for the ingredients to a tee. Once you know how to prepare the dish, you can adjust the spices as per your taste.
The black pepper chicken recipe here is extremely easy to make once you have all the ingredients at hand in the correct measurements.
The truly amazing things about this recipe are that it is useful even if you are a vegetarian or prefer not to eat meat. You can substitute the chicken with tofu, soya chunks, and even with hardy vegetables like colocasia, yam, or even potatoes.
Whatever your preference, the ingredients in the black pepper chicken recipe will be helpful to you in making the most lip-smacking dish at your dinner table.
Try 24 Mantra Organic’s Black Pepper and Savour the taste of Black Pepper Chicken Recipe!
5 Health Benefits Of Saunf Milk