- MOST RECENT
How to make instant Meetha Daliya - 24 Mantra Organic
How to make instant Meetha Daliya
Do you want a power-packed breakfast that is highly satisfying and equally tasty? Dalia, in its sweetened form, is an amazing way to energize your early mornings! The sweet dalia recipe can be prepared quickly and is enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
Preparing the sweet dalia recipe is an effortless affair which makes it perfectly suitable for a healthy and on the go lifestyle. It is a highly popular breakfast dish throughout north India due to its nutrient density and the sweet taste that perfectly complements the sweet Indian tooth.
Dalia or broken wheat is an excellent source of fibre and highly nutritious. According to a study published on PubMed, the dietary fibre content in dalia can help in weight loss and fighting obesity, which has turned into a pandemic of sorts in the modern world.
If you are looking to prepare this highly delicious and equally healthy dessert, below is everything that you need to know for the sweet dalia recipe. Let’ begin with our cooking quest!
Sweet Dalia Recipe Ingredients
Before we begin with our preparations, let’s have a look at all the ingredients involved in the sweet dalia recipe.
- ¼ cup dalia (raw)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of water
- Organic Sugar or gur to taste
- Handful of raisins
- 2 almonds (Crushed)
- 1 green cardamom (Crushed)
- 1 teaspoon butter/ghee for frying
The ingredient list is very simple, and this is the key to effortlessly prepare a healthy bowl of this nutrient-rich breakfast. Now, let’s move on to the steps involved in preparing meetha daliya.
Sweet Dalia Recipe Preparation
Below are all the steps involved in the preparation of this delicious Indian dessert.
- Take the ghee/butter in a pan and allow it to heat.
- Now, put the dalia in the pan and roast it on a low flame for about 4-5 minutes, until it gives a roasted aroma.
- Add 1 cup of water in the mix and boil the mixture for about 10-12 minutes. Make sure to cover the pan as boiling dalia leads to the formation of froth in the pan.
- Keep boiling until all the water is absorbed and the dalia becomes soft.
- Now, add milk and 1 crushed cardamom to the dalia and boil the mixture until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Add sugar or gur, chopped almonds, raisins, and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Now, turn off the stove and pour the meetha daliya in a bowl.
- Your delicious sweet dalia recipe is ready to serve!
Roasting the dalia properly is very important as it enhances the grains’ flavour and ‘cooks’ it to get that perfect nutty aroma. A properly roasted dalia helps in getting that perfect tasting highly flavourful sweet dalia recipe.
It must now be clear to you that preparing sweet dalia kheer is very easy and not at all time-intensive. This delectable Indian dish can be consumed in breakfast or as a healthy dessert right after the main course.
If you are watching your weight, we have a few tips for you to make this dessert even fitter for your consumption. Let’s have a look at a few tips that you can use to make your sweet dalia recipe even more health-friendly
Sweet Dalia Recipe Tips
Health freaks and weight watchers! Here are a few tips for you to make this sweet recipe even more appealing for you to include in your everyday diet.
A report published on NCBI claimed that foods with low glycaemic index, such as dalia, can have an immensely positive effect on the body glucose levels of diabetics.
Although the regular milk gives dalia a porridge-like consistency, you can opt for a few alternatives that make your dalia even healthier. Moreover, the complex carbohydrates present in dalia keeps you fuller for longer and acts as a consistent source of energy.
You can make sweet dalia even healthier if you follow the below steps.
- Instead of adding ghee or butter, you can dry roast the dalia on a low flame until it gives a brownish shade and then add it in your sweet dalia recipe.
- Excess water makes the dalia lumpy. Take water measurements carefully.
- Vegans take notice! You can simply replace the dairy with oat milk or almond and prepare an equally delicious recipe.
- You can completely forgo the refined sugars and use natural organic sweeteners such as jaggery, honey, brown sugars, or any other sugar substitute of your choice.
- If you enjoy a nutty flavour, consider adding some almond flour to the meetha daliya. It enhances the consistency of the dalia and makes it even more nutritious.
The sweet dalia can stay fresh up to 3 days if kept in a refrigerator. If you are planning to consume it over a period of time, consider storing it in a freezer and only thaw the portions that you need to consume. Just take out the required portion and boil it with some milk.
Try 24 Mantra Organics’s Wheat Daliya and taste the goodness of organic food!