- MOST RECENT
Make Easy Sattu ki Roti With This Recipe
Make Easy Sattu ki Roti With This Recipe
Sattu is a staple flour in Bihar, Rajasthan, and West Bengal. It is prepared from roasting Bengal gram or chana dal and milling it. Given that it is one of the best sources of plant-based proteins and is loaded with other nutrients, everyone should try to incorporate sattu in their meals. Fortunately, sattu is extremely versatile, and you can have it in several ways. You can consume it in the form of a sweet or savoury drink or follow a sattu roti recipe or even make sattu laddoos. In every way, one will find it tasty and enjoyable.
In this post, we will take a look at easy sattu ki roti that you can make in two ways. So go ahead and check out the sattu roti recipe!
Plain Sattu Roti Recipe
Plain sattu roti is a perfect flatbread option for those who have gluten sensitivity. This sattu roti recipe has a little bit of a flavourful twist with some onions, green chillies, and coriander in the mix. You can skip it entirely and prepare a plain dough with just sattu and warm water.
For the plain sattu roti recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- A cup of sattu flour
- Warm water to knead the dough
- One onion, finely chopped
- A green chilli, finely minced
- A tablespoon of ghee or oil
- A tablespoon of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
Following are the steps for making the easy sattu ki roti:
- Mix the sattu flour, onion, green chillies, coriander, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the warm water bit by bit and try to form a dough with it.
- Once everything binds, coat the dough with ghee or oil and keep it aside for nearly 10 minutes.
- Now, grease your hands and knead the dough a little more.
- Divide the dough into four parts, roll them into balls and flatten them in the form of a disc.
- Roll out each disc into a roti. If you face issues, you can roll it out between parchment/plastic sheet or silicon mat.
- Heat up a Tawa and cook on both sides. Once your roti is cooked, apply some ghee to one side.
- Repeat for the remaining dough and serve hot. These rotis can be eaten as is or you can have them with curries or sabzis.
Stuffed Sattu Roti Recipe
Stuffed sattu roti or sattu paratha is a delicacy loved by many Indians. It may take longer than the regular sattu ki roti, but it is well worth the time and effort that you put into making it.
Following is an easy stuffed sattu roti recipe that you can have for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
To make the dough of the stuffed sattu roti recipe, you will need:
- Three cups of whole wheat flour
- A cup of water, lukewarm
For the stuffing of the sattu roti recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- Two cups of sattu flour
- Two medium onions, finely chopped
- Two green chillies, finely minced
- Six cloves of garlic, finely minced
- An inch of ginger, grated
- Two teaspoons of carrom seeds
- Three tablespoons of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- A tablespoon of mustard oil
Here is a step by step procedure for the stuffed sattu ki roti:
- Combine the warm water and whole wheat flour to form a soft dough. Knead it well for 2 to 4 minutes, cover it with a moist cloth, and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the stuffing and massage in the oil. The mixture should be crumbly, but it should hold when you bind it in a ball. If it is too dry, add an extra splash of mustard oil.
- Distribute the dough and the filling in 10 equal portions.
- Roll out the dough a little, apply a layer of ghee, and place the stuffing in the middle.
- Seal the edges of the dough until it covers the stuffing entirely. Gently roll out the paratha until it is about half an inch thick.
- Heat up a Tawa and apply some oil or ghee to the surface. Place the paratha over it and let it cook for a minute or so. Drizzle some ghee or oil on the top and flip the paratha over.
- Cook on both sides until it is golden-brown and crisp.
- Follow the same procedure for the remaining parathas.
- Serve hot with a side of pickle and curd.
The above sattu roti recipe is easy to make and is a healthy and rustic addition to your plate. Feel free to get creative and add spices and other ingredients as per your taste and preferences. Consider enjoying these delicacies with chokha or baingan bharta for a traditional touch.
Try out 24 Mantra Ogranic’s Sattu and enjoy the fluffy Sattu ki Roti.