for organic brown rice adai recipe
To mix in the batter, for this adai recipe:
- Onion, finely chopped – 1
- Ginger, grated – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 2 fat pinch
- Drumstick leaves – 1/2 cup
for the adai recipe
To make Brown Rice Adai Batter:
- Wash brown rice and the lentils (dals) together and soak in enough water for 6 to 7 hours. I soak both rice and dals together.
- Add the soaked ingredients either to a mixie jar or wet grinder, to get started with the adai recipe.
- Add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, garlic pods, whole dry red chilies and grind everything together to a coarse batter using required amount of water.
- The batter should be thick like idli batter. Transfer the batter to a vessel. Add salt and mix well.
- You can either make adais immediately or give it a resting time of minimum 2 hours before you cook, based on how you want this adai recipe.
To make Brown Rice Adai:
- Add finely chopped onions, grated ginger, asafetida, drumstick leaves (you can also add coriander or curry leaves) to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a tawa, add a ladle full of adai batter and spread it all around into a circle. Drizzle few drops of oil all around. We’re half way through the adai recipe.
- Wait for the bottom side to cook to a golden brown. This should take 1-2 min over medium-low flame.
- Once done, gently flip the adai and let the other side cook as well.
- Remove on to a plate and continue with the rest of the batter.
- Serve this brown rice adai hot with aviyal, butter, jagerry and chutneys and enjoy this adai recipe.