One of the most amazing cauliflower rice recipes you can never say no to!
- 300 grams chickpea flour or besan, use organic.
- 120 ml water
- 30 ml yogurt or curd
- 1 small onion chopped very fine
- 2 small green chilies deseeded, chopped fine
- 1/4th inch Ginger chopped fine
- 1/4 cup coriander leaf washed clean, picked and chopped fine. Use less if you like.
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder less if desired
- 1 tsp aamchoor or dry mango powder, alternately use 1/2 tsp chaat powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- salt as per taste
- Start by keeping the vegetables chopped. In a mixing bowl, mix together the chickpea flour, water, and yogurt till no lumps remain. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- The batter of such cauliflower rice recipes should have the consistency of a dosa batter, not too thick. Easily pourable.
- Now heat a non-stick tawa on medium heat. Pour two ladles of the batter on the tawa and quickly spread it in circular motions starting from the centre out, just like a dosa. Pour a little (1 tsp) on the chilla and let it cook well. Carefully loosen the edges and slowly turn it over. Let it cook that side on 2-3 mins till done.
Serve as is hot off the tawa with some pickles and curd. Or serve it stuffed with your favorite stuffing like a burrito. Usually such cauliflower rice recipes are served with fresh figs and pomegranate arils for a burst of sweetness and contrast.