- MOST RECENT
Delicious Chocolate cake recipe.
Organic Chocolate Pear Loaf
Here’s a chocolate cake recipe that can melt into your mouth and leave you wanting more!
- 1 + 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 + 1/4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs/ 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- zest of one orange
- 1 tsp organic chili powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 large pears, peeled
Follow the below-mentioned steps of this amazing chocolate cake recipe.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Brush a loaf tin with melted butter. Dust the with cocoa, tap out extra.
- Whisk together cocoa, flour, orange zest, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, chili powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until the mixture is pale.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition. If you’re not using eggs, beat in 1 cup of yogurt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients alternating with milk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Beat until smooth
- Pour the batter into the pan. Place peeled whole pears in the batter.
- Bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
This chocolate cake recipe is inspired by the amazing content of Bake with Shivesh, which was made using the wonderful wholewheat flour from 24 Mantra Organic. Check out here- https://bit.ly/2uSJyLE