- For making organic rice flour, wash and soak the rice for one hour, drain out the water and spread the rice on a cotton cloth in sun for 30-40 minutes.
- After that grind it in grinder jar of your mixer grinder to a very fine powder. Sieve it and use it for the recipe.
- Start with making a filling for fara, to make the chana dal filling wash it and soak it for 3-4 hours.
- Drain the chana dal and grind it along with ginger and red chilli add rest of the ingredients for filling and keep it aside.
- For making a covering of fara, Mix both the flour, rice flour and gram flour (besan) add salt and make a tight dough with adding warm water. Take care to add small quantity of water at a time otherwise, the dough can become lumpy.
- Kneed the dough for few minutes and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes before making fara.
- Divide the dough into 20 parts.
- After applying oil roll it out into the circles or disc.
- Now place a small amount of chana dal filling on the disc spread it and cover it with another disc.
- Seal the edges nicely and make all fara similarly.
- Now from here there are two methods of making fara, one is by steaming and the other is by boiling them directly in water.
I am going with both methods, half the quantity is made with the boiling method and half is made with steaming method.
You can try both and later you can stick to the method you like better from both or you can try Bundelkhand style Fara which I am sharing in next post.
or you can temper them like other steamed dish I made last week, Gujarati Muthia.