to make the red rice recipe
- Wash and soak tuver dal / yellow pigeon peas. Pressure cook the dal with salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and asafoetida for 2-3 whistles, for the red rice recipe
- When dal is cooking prepare the tempering for dal. Heat 1tsp peanut oil in a pan and roast peanuts in the oil. After roasting take them out of pan.
- Heat the peanut oil and add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds and dried chilli.
- When seeds start to pop up add chopped tomato and cook them for 4 -5 minutes till pulpy
- Now moving to the next step of red rice recipe, add coriander powder and cook for one more minute. Mix this tempering along with jaggery in the dal and mix it well.
- Serve hot in a bowl, top with fried peanuts, chopped green chilli and coriander leaves.
your red rice recipe is ready to be served.
Reference : https://mytastycurry.com/gujrati-dal-recipe-gujrati-khatti-meethi-dal?utm_source=24mantra.com&utm_medium=micro_site&utm_campaign=organic_mantras