PROCEDURE FOR A YUMMY MASOOR DAL RECIPE
- Wash and soak masoor dal in water for 4-5 hour.
- Drain the water and grind the dal along to a fine paste.
- Transfer the paste into the bowl, add grated paneer, mashed potatoes, bread crumb along with salt chopped coriander, red chilli powder grated ginger and combine well.
- Heat up enough peanut oil (about 300ml ) in a wok or kadahi for deep frying.
- Divide the prepared dough into 12 portions and shape them like a patty with palms of your hands.
- Once the oil is hot and slightly smoky, carefully drop the patties in batches of 2-3 and deep fry till golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on to absorbent kitchen paper. Repeat the same for remaining patties and prepare the rest of the tikkis.
To assemble Masoor Dal and Paneer Tikki Chaat
- Whisk the dahi or curd with few pinch of salt.
- Take about 1/4th cup of curd / yogurt in a bowl. Place 2 pieces of tikki in the plate, top it with green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, chat masala and some green coriander leaves and enjoy the tangy and spicyMasoor Dal and Paneer Tikki Chaat.
Here’s a masoor dal recipe with a twist. Do share with us your favorite masoor dal recipe.