To make the strawberry puree
- Start by chopping the strawberry. Now simply put all the ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth. It should be thick. Set aside.
For the popsicles
- Add a little lemon juice to the mixed fruit juice. Taste and add sugar if desired. I haven’t for the mixed fruit juice.
- Chop the fruits, remember to take the skin off the mango. you can also use kiwi, chunks of watermelon or any fruit you desire.
- Now lay the fruit pieces in the popsicle mould. Add the lemon crescent, mint leaf sprig and sprinkle a little chia too. Now slowly pour the mixed fruit juice till about half filled.
- Next, top it gently by spooning some strawberry syrup on the mixed fruit juice. Since the strawberry syrup is thicker than the juice, it wil automatically swirl a bit. Now, use a small tooth pick or skewer and very gently swirl it around, trying to create a marble effect. (this part is totally optional, but it does look pretty!).
- I topped it with more chia and mint leaf next. Gently tap the moulds to make sure the liquids have reached every corner of the mould. Put in the freezer for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, remove from freezer, carefully insert popsicle sticks (easily available in all mom and pop stores or even craft stores) or the stick the mould set comes with. I like the wooden sticks more. Put it back in the freezer till completely set. My freezer does this in 2 hours but you can let it rest overnight to be sure.
De-moulding the popsicles
- Taking the popsicles out might be a little hard if you just want to pull it out. Instead do this simple trick. Run it under hot water for 30 sec and gently pull it out. Tada!! Done.