for misal recipe
- To make Usal for misal recipe
- Cook the sprouts and potato cubes in 600ml of water add salt and asafoetida while cooking. Pressure cook the dals/beans for 2-3 whistles. Remove from heat and let it cool and let the steam escape before opening the lid.
- When beans are cooking you can prepare the tempering on the side.
- Heat up one tbsp butter in a pan and add mustard seeds followed by one chopped green chilli and grated ginger.
- Also add curry leaves and let them start crackling and now add chopped onion and saute them till light pink in color.
- Add tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder, and kolhapuri masala to make this misal recipe extra delicious (recipe link in recipe notes)
- Cook for 4-5 minutes till tomatoes become pulpy.
- Add tamarind paste and cooked sprout beans from the pressure cooker, mix everything well and finally finish with one more tablespoon of butter before serving it.
- To assemble Misal Pav, the best part of this misal recipe !
- To serve usual first add a ladleful of misal in a bowl. Top with chopped onion, and chopped tomatoes and chopped green chilli.
- Squeeze drops of lemon juice and sprinkle some farsan and chopped coriander leaves.
- Finally top it with farsan and serve with pav or bread of your choice.
you’re ready to reap the labour of this delicous misal recipe.