- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C. Line one 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Grind flax seeds using mixie jar to a coarse powder.
- Mix flax seed powder in 4 tbsp water in a bowl and rest for 5 mins to form into flax gel.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together Rolled oats, whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder and brown sugar.
- Add in chopped almonds, raisins, coconut and mix everything together.
- In another mixing bowl, add coconut oil, peanut butter, flax eggs, apple cider vinegar, wild honey, vanilla extract and mix using a balloon whisk till well combined and smooth.
- Alternately you can also add all the above mentioned liquid ingredients into a blender and pulse few times for even mixing and to simplify the work.
Pour the liquid ingredients mixture over the dry ingredient mixture and combine using a spatula until all the ingredients are moistened. I find mixing with my fingers works better than using a spatula.
- Dump the entire dough into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. First push down with your knuckles and then using the flat bottom of a small bowl, press the dough firmly all around the pan making sure the top surface is smooth and even.
- The dough should be very firmly pressed down for the bars to stay put without breaking apart when you cut them.
- Bake the dough for 30 mins. Rotate the pan half way through after 15 mins to ensure even baking.
- These are done when the edges begins to brown lightly and the top is golden in color.
- Switch off the oven and let the pan stay put inside for another 10-15 mins.
- Remove the pan from oven. You will find the top surface soft to the touch. Not to worry, just let it cool down completely to room temperature. It starts to become firm as it begins to cool.
- Gently lift the parchment from the pan and using a sharp knife either cut them into squares or rectangles.
- Serve these oatmeal breakfast bars with a glass of milk and fruits or pack for snack.
If you do not have or use coconut oil, then use melted better. Otherwise do not replace with any other vegetable oil which will totally ruin the taste and flavor.