basmati rice recipe with a twist
for the pakoda kadhi and basmati rice recipe
for the kadhi and basmati rice recipe
to follow for the organic pakoda kadhi and basmati rice recipe
- In a bowl, put in the yogurt, gram flour and the turmeric and mix with a whisk until there are no lumps.
- Pour in the water, mix well and keep aside.
- In a pan heat the oil for seasoning. If using mustard oil, allow it to smoke and then turn off the heat. Turn on the heat again and add the mustard seeds. After the mustard seeds start to pop, put in the cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, chilies, curry leaves and asafoetida in quick succession. Do not allow the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds to turn black.
- After about 30 seconds, stir in the whisked yogurt and keep stirring on medium low heat until the entire mixture comes to a boil.
- After the kadhi begins to boil, add the salt, mix well and immediately turn off the heat.
- If you want a thin consistency add more water and if you want a thick consistency add less water.This is the first step of the Kadhi and basmati rice recipe
FOR THE PAKODAS
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup gram flour (besan atta)
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ water or as required
- mustard oil or any other vegetable oil for deep frying
PROCEDURE for the Kadhi and basmati rice recipe
- In a bowl add the gram flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, carom seeds, garam masala, salt and water and mix well until there are no lumps. Adjust the consistency of the water to get a thick paste for the basmati rice recipe. If you have added a little exra water add a spoon or more of the gram flour. Likewise, if the batter is stiff add a spoon or more of the water to get the right consistency.
- Mix in the sliced cabbage into the gram flour paste.
- Pour enough oil in a pan to fill a depth of 1/2” or ¾” and place the pan on moderate heat.
- Once the oil is hot, but not smoking, drop spoonfuls of the pakoda batter and deep fry until the pakodas are golden brown, for the basmati rice recipe.
- Once the base of the pakoda is browned, you need to flip it over and fry the other side until it is browned too.
- After the pakodas are fried, lift them with a slotted spoon and place them on a plate lined with absorbent paper.
- At the time of serving, dunk the pakodas in the kadhi and serve hot with rice.
- To learn the basmati rice recipe, click here.
- Serves 4 to 6
Reference : https://www.divinetaste.com/organic-pakoda-kadhi-with-plain-basmati-rice/?utm_source=24mantra.com&utm_campaign=organic_mantras&utm_medium=microsite