- Clean and soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and then cook the rice with the salt, oil and water either in a pressure cooker or an electric rice cooker.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, roast the sesame seeds nicely for about 3 to 4 minutes and after they change colour, transfer the seeds into a plate.
- Roast the dry grated coconut until the colour changes to a golden brown and keep it aside as well.
- Add 1 tsp oil into the same pan and after it is hot, drop in the dry red chilies. After the chilies sizzle, turn off the heat.
- In a blender, grind all the roasted ingredients into a smooth powder by using the pulsing it (grinding the ingredients and stopping every few minutes).
- Sprinkle the powder over the cooked rice and add ½ tsp salt.
- In seasoning pan add sesame oil and after the oil is hot, put in the mustard seeds. After the mustard begins to pop, add the soaked urad dal, cashews, dry red chillies, curry leaves and yellow asafetida.
- Turn off the heat and pour the hot seasoning over the rice and mix everything together.
- Serve with Tomato or Cucumber Raita.
- Serves 6
Reference : https://www.divinetaste.com/til-sadam-organic-sesame-rice-with-cashews/