for thalipeeth recipe:
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients of the thalipeeth recipe, the flour and the spices. Mix with a fork, make a well in the centre and add yogurt and the grated vegetables. If your cucumber is bitter, make sure that you remove the bitterness by rubbing a slice over the cut cucumber until all the bitter juices ooze out, for a better tasting thalipeeth recipe.
- Mix well and make a dough. Add a few spoons of water if required to make a soft dough.
- Keep a griddle or a pan on the heat.
- Grease a medium sized (enough to fit over a chakla) baking parchment or butterpaper with oil. Grease your hands with some oil.
- Take a portion of the dough and pat it over the paper, to get a circular 6” to 8” disc. Make 3 to 4 holes with your fore finger near the centre of the disc. This will make sure that the oil seeps into the corners of the dough making a crispy thalipeeth recipe.
- Now for the next part of the thalipeeth recipe, place the paper over the hot pan and carefully peel off the paper.
- Spread a few drops of oil around the edges of the thalipeeth. After the base is cooked and dark brown spots appear, flip it over and cook on the other side as well.
- Grease the paper again and repeat the above procedure until you finish up the dough.
Your thalipeeth recipe is ready to serve.