- Preheat oven at 180 C / 350 F degrees.
- Grease a 12 holed muffin pan with oil or line with paper liners and keep aside.
- Peel, core and dice apple into small cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together wheat bran, yogurt, vanilla extract, milk and let it rest for 15 mins.
- In a small bowl, mix together flax seed powder and warm water. Let it rest for 15 mins.
- In another bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Keep aside.
- In a blender, add the flax eggs/flax gel mixture, softened wheat bran mixture, vegetable oil and pulse at regular intervals for 8 to 10 times.
- This will make sure all are combined together without any lumps and also the texture of the bran will turn soft.
- Transfer the batter to the mixing bowl. Stir in both Demererra and brown sugar.
- Add whole wheat flour mixture, mixing just until it gets incorporated. Do not over mix, else, you will end up with dense and hard muffins.
- Fold in diced apples and stir to distribute evenly.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 35 – 40 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Keep checking after 30 mins to avoid over baking which will make the muffins hard.
- Let it rest in the pan for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Eggless whole wheat bran apple muffins are ready for your breakfast or snack.
- These muffins stay well at room temperature for 2 to 3 days and they also freeze well.
- Just pop into the microwave for 10-15 seconds to warm them up before serving.
You can also use Oat bran replacing Wheat bran in this recipe