- MOST RECENT
5 Health Benefits Of Saunf Milk
You must have heard of rice flour – it is the flour that is made by grinding raw rice finely.
In India, rice flour is used for an extensive number of food items. The South Indian appam, sevai, akki roti, and many other specialities are made exclusively using rice flour.
Rice flour is gluten-free and can be consumed even by those who have celiac disease. One of the advantages of Indian cuisine is the abundance in a variety of gluten-free flours to replace maida and wheat atta.
But were you aware that you can use rice flour to make cakes? It’s true. For any baking recipe which does not need rising, i.e., the use of yeast, rice flour can be used as a substitute for all-purpose flour or maida.
In addition to being gluten-free, rice flour is also high in fibre and low in saturated fat. Using rice flour in your baking yields a more elastic dough as the water absorption rate of the flour is higher.
Here is an extremely simple rice flour cake recipe to satiate your need for baked goods.
In any existing cake recipe, you can replace the refined flour or cake flour with rice flour – it will give out almost the same result. Although ensure that you buy organic ingredients as they are free of harmful chemical compounds. The lack of pesticides provides a better taste to the ingredients, but it also allows for a more sustainable environment by safeguarding the future of our children.
While following a rice flour cake recipe, you must use the exact measurements as mentioned in the recipe. For beginners, following the recipe to a tee will hundred per cent give you the perfect baked cake.
Here is a simple rice flour cake recipe using the most basic ingredients. The whole recipe can be found at Cookpad.
120 grams of rice flour
80 grams of sugar
A teaspoon of vanilla essence
40 grams of milk
Method of Preparation
1. Pass the rice flour through a sieve to remove any lumps and to incorporate air into the flour.
2. Preheat your oven to 170°C.
3. Line your chosen cake tin with butter paper, and further apply a thin layer of butter to avoid your cakes from sticking to the bottom.
4. In a bowl mix the milk and the vanilla essence and keep aside.
5. Whip the eggs and sugar well. Keep whipping the mixture until they form stiff peaks.
6. Incorporate the milk and vanilla essence mixture into the bowl from the sides, and mix gently.
7. Add the rice flour slowly and mix well to avoid lumps.
8. Once the cake mix is ready, gently pour into the prepared cake tin.
9. Bake the cake at 170°C for about 35 minutes. Once you cross the 30 minutes, pause your oven and check to see if your cake is cooked by inserting a dry toothpick into the centre. If it comes out wet, cook further. But if it comes out clean, you can take the cake out of the oven.
10. Allow the cake to cool completely before you get it out of the cake tin.
This is a truly simple rice flour cake recipe that uses minimum ingredients with an easy to follow the method of preparation.
Once you have mastered the simple sponge cake using the rice flour cake recipe, you can try this chocolate rice flour cake recipe, too. The original recipe using rice flour can be found at My Dear Kitchen In Helsinki.
250 grams of rice flour
3 tablespoon of cocoa powder
2 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of any neutral vegetable oil
1 cup of yogurt
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C. Line a baking tin with butter paper and apply a thin layer of butter to avid the cake from sticking to the bottom.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients and pass them through a sieve to remove any lumps.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the eggs and sugar and whip till the mixture is creamy and silky. Then add the oil and yoghurt and mix till everything gets well-combined.
4. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients and mix well to avoid any lumps.
5. Pour the cake batter into the tin and bake for a minimum of 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check if the cake is cooked. Cook further if the toothpick comes out wet or sticky.
6. With the use of a spoon, sprinkle around a half cup of room temperature milk to keep the cake moist.
Here are two simple rice flour cake recipes that are so easy that even beginners can get it right the first time.
1. When baking as a beginner, always follow the recipe exactly. Make changes to the ingredients only when you are sure of the results.
2. Since cakes using rice flour might come out a bit dry, soaking the baked cakes with milk or any other sugary syrup can help in keeping the cakes moist.
3. The sugar in the cake recipes can be replaced with other sweeteners like cane sugar, or honey. The oil can be replaced with butter or even ghee to give a different flavour to your cakes.
As mentioned, any cake recipe can be used to make rice flour cake recipes. However, always ensure that the flour you are using is finely ground. Suppose the texture of the flour is too grainy. In that case, it takes away from the experience of enjoying a fantastic silky cake.
The amazing benefit of rice flour cake recipes is that plain rice flour can be substituted by brown rice flour, which takes the nutritional quotient of the cakes even higher.
Try 24 Mantra Organic’s Rice Flour and Savour the taste of organic goodness.
5 Health Benefits Of Saunf Milk