For the uninitiated, besan barfi recipe is like making a fudge made with gram flour, using sugar and desi ghee. As a traditional dish, besan barfi recipe is enjoyed and relished by everyone who loves to savour its delightful taste.
To make this besan barfi recipe, you will need 5 minutes to prepare the ingredients and about 25 minutes to cook them. If you use organic ingredients to make this besan ki barfi recipe, you will discover that it has a richer flavour due to the absence of chemicals and harmful pesticides.
So, let us get started and make this besan barfi recipe.
Besan barfi recipe: What will you need?
You will need the following ingredients to make this delightful besan barfi recipe.
- Sugar: 1 cup or 200 grams
- Green Cardamoms: 1 tsp
- Besan: 200 grams
- Desi ghee: 125 grams
- Cardamom powder: 1 tsp
- Almonds: 5, sliced or chopped
- Cashews: 5, sliced or chopped
- Melon seeds: 1 tbsp
- Ghee for greasing pan
Making the best besan barfi recipe
- Collect all the ingredients together and grease a pan with ghee to prepare the ingredients.
- In a deep vessel like a kadhai, take the half cup desi ghee and allow it to melt completely.
- After the ghee has melted, add 2 cups of besan to it. Always add the besan in parts and use a heavy vessel so that the besan obtains the heat evenly.
- On a low flame, continue to add the besan and stir well while mixing it with desi ghee.
- At one point, you will observe that the mixture is getting thicker. This happens because the besan absorbs the ghee in it. You should continue to stir the mixture in the ghee very well.
- Soon, the mixture will become one whole lump which looks thick and granular. You may notice some of the grains sticking on the surface of the vessel. Scrape them off as you continue to stir.
- On further stirring, the besan will begin to melt, releasing desi ghee on all sides of the vessel.
- At this stage, the besan will give off a nice nutty aroma, and the colour also changes to a golden shade. The besan will continue to release ghee and all this while, and get roasted. Plus, the colour will also change to a dark golden shade.
- Keep stirring the besan till you feel that it has lost its rawness. Once roasted enough, add some cardamom powder to it.
- In another pan, take sugar and water and turn on the flame to cook the mixture. As it boils, it will reduce. Continue to heat till the mixture does not form a 1-2 string consistency.
- Once you achieve this consistency with the sugar syrup, pour it over the besan mixture.
- At this stage, you will have to quickly mix the contents as it will begin to get harder in consistency.
- At this stage of making the besan barfi recipe, you will notice that the mixture reduces and thickens, leaving the sides of the vessel.
- Pour the mixture in a greased pan, where you can sprinkle chopped dry fruits over it.
- Slice and serve once settled.
Conclusion: Making an easy besan ki barfi recipe
This authentic besan barfi recipe will bring water to your mouth and leave you with a splendid taste because of the use of organic ingredients. You can prepare it anytime and impress your guests with the flavour of this sweet dish.
Try 24 Mantra Organic’s Besan flour and savour the taste of organic goodness.