- MOST RECENT
The Best Sugar Free Cake Recipe
Cakes are one of the all-time favourite desserts out there! Irrespective of age, there’s no one who doesn’t enjoy a good piece of cake. There is always a wide selection to choose from, from a simple vanilla sponge cake to an absolutely decadent chocolate cake!
Why Choose Sugar Free Cake?
With the way our lifestyles are paced in this busy world, it is difficult to stay healthy. One way to keep yourself healthy is by exercising. But, it is important for you to also control your diet in addition to the exercise. Reducing additional sugars is a great way to control your body fat. If you have a health issue such as diabetes, it is all the more important for you to manage your sugar intake.
But, does this mean you have to give up all things sweet? Certainly not! Especially not when you have the best sugar free cake recipe available at your fingertips. There are several alternatives to sugar that are used in the making of a sugar free cake. In this article, we have given you a simple recipe to make the perfect sugar free cake.
How To Make A Sugar Free Cake
Just like with any cake, there are a few basic ingredients that you have to get together before you can start making your sugar free cake. We’ve listed down the ones you need for a basic cake:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
Optional ingredients: These are a few extra ingredients you can add if you want a little bit of extra flavour and crunch in your sugar free cake.
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups raisins
The method to prepare a sugar free cake is just like any other ordinary cake!
- First, pre-heat your oven at 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C
- Grease your baking pan with butter to ensure your batter doesn’t stick
- For the first step of the mixture, add in the eggs, applesauce, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and liquid sweetener. Beat these together well
- Then, keeping this aside, mix the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Make sure to sift each of these first, so you get rid of any impurities
- If you intend to add raisins, make sure to cook them in water first. When they’ve cooled down, add this to the cake batter along with the walnuts
- Transfer to the baking pan and cook at 350 degrees F for an hour
- Remove, let the cake cool, cut, and enjoy!
This recipe is easy to follow and definitely the best sugar free cake for you to start off with! If you are allergic to gluten, you can also try an almond flour sugar free cake. Most recipes will allow you to substitute wheat flour with almond flour and replicate the rest of the recipe! Simple, easy-to-make and delicious, sugar free cakes make for tasty, filling snacks.