Bananas are a healthy source of nutrition for the body. They are rich in Vitamin C, packed with essential nutrients and also high in dietary fiber which aids digestion. It is one of those very few foods which keeps your stomach full for a long time.
Let us learn about some of the nutritional advantages of bananas, based on authentic studies and scientific researches.
- Source of nutrients: It consists of the most essential vitamins required by the body, particularly B6 and C. It is also rich in minerals like potassium, magnesium, manganese, copper. Also, bananas are low in fat content.
- Regulates blood sugar level: Bananas are rich in pectin and resistant starch, which acts as a soluble fiber. Both these components are instrumental in moderating the blood sugar levels after meals.
- Improves digestive health: Dietary fiber improves digestion. Medium-sized banana is believed to contain about 3 grams of fiber. As stated above, pectin and resistant starch are soluble fibers which assist in the process of digestion.
- Aids in weight loss: Bananas contain a considerably lower amount of fats and calories, but are very nutritious and filling. Since you remain full for long, you consume less, thus aiding in weight loss.
- Improves cardiovascular condition: Being low in fats and calories, consuming bananas do not affect the body’s cholesterol, thus preventing the onset of cardiovascular diseases which result from high BP. Moreover, the presence of potassium also proves beneficial for the heart.
- Contains many antioxidants: Antioxidants are extremely important to sustain the body in a healthy manner and protect it against the damage caused by free radicals. Banana consists of powerful antioxidants like dopamine and catechins, which lowers the risk of certain diseases.
- Improves sensitivity to insulin: Scientific studies have proven that consuming 15- 30 grams of resistant starch every day can increase insulin sensitivity within the body. Thus it is highly beneficial for patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Improves kidney health: The consumption of bananas can improve kidney health immensely and also prevents the risk of kidney diseases.
- Good workout snack: The presence of various minerals and easily digestible carbs make bananas the perfect meal for workout enthusiasts.
- Can be easily added to your diet: Bananas may be eaten on an empty stomach or with milk, cereals, etc. It is very easy to make them a part of your daily diet.
Banana is the wonder fruit that provides us with all the necessary nutrients without adding to the cholesterol or weight. Choose 100% organic fruit and vegetables to enjoy complete nutrition. 24 Mantra offers a range of 100% certified organic products. Know more here: https://www.24mantra.com/products/