- MOST RECENT
- Organic Ragi Flour (Finger Millet Flour) – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Organic Flax seeds powder – 2 tbsp
- Cocoa powder, unsweetened – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Organic Cashew nuts – 2 tbsp (10 nos approx.,)
- Organic Almonds – 2 tbsp (10 nos approx.,)
- Coconut oil – 1/2 cup
- Organic wild honey – 1/4 cup
- Warm water – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
For the Ganache: (optional)
- Organic Peanut Butter – 2 tbsp
- White chocolate chips – 3 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C (350 F).
- Take an 8 inch baking tin and either grease with oil or line with a parchment paper. Set aside.
- If you do not have instant flax seed meal at hand, then grind flax seeds in a mixie jar to a coarse powder. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add warm water and mix with a spoon and let it rest for 10 mins to form into flax gel.
- Take both cashew and almonds in a mixie jar and grind to a coarse powder. Make sure that the ground powder measures to 1/4 cup. Set aside.
To Make Eggless Ragi Brownies
- In a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients like ragi flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and whisk together. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla extract and whisk well.
- Add the flax gel and whisk till smooth and without any lumps.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture, 1/4 cup cashew and almond powder and using a spatula, mix gently till there are no dry patches left.
- Transfer the thick batter into the baking tin and level the top with a spatula.
- Top with thinly shaved almonds or dark or white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let the brownies rest in the tin for 10 mins to cool down.
- Lift the parchment from the tin and let it cool down completely to room temperature.
To make the Ganache:
- Take peanut butter, white chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at high for 1 min. Whisk well till its smooth.
- Drizzle on top of the baked brownies evenly.
- You can rest this in the refrigerator to set it properly.
- Eggless Ragi Brownies are ready.
- Cut them into slices and serve as such or with a scoop of ice cream.