- MOST RECENT
HOW TO INCLUDE MORE ORGANIC FOOD IN YOUR DIET
If you’re on this page, looking for the answer to the above question, you’re on the right track to great health! ‘Organic food’ has become one of the catchphrases of the health-conscious community of today’s increasingly unhealthy world. It refers to food produced without using chemical fertilisers, pesticides, additives, artificial growth hormones, genetically modified organisms, etc. and its quality is strictly regulated by an authoritative body. Thus, it is naturally a better option than conventionally grown food. But you must already know all this, and are perhaps just looking for a place to start. Well, here are some tips on how to include more organic food in your diet:
- Make sure you read the label carefully and ascertain whether it is certified organic by an authentic organisation. Remember, ‘natural’ is not the same as ‘organic’, so do not add ‘natural’ foods to your shopping cart if your aim is to go organic. Also check the sugar and calorie content, because even organic food can contain these in high amounts, which can be harmful for some people.
- Some types of organic food might be on the expensive side, and this is usually a deterrent for people. However, you can overcome this problem by buying in bulk or buying seasonal fruits and vegetables. You can even plant your own organic garden if possible. Don’t let the price get in your way!
- Make food choices that count. Start with organic dairy products, which are consumed on a daily basis. Seasoning, condiments and spices are less expensive, and would be a favourable next step. Then move on to organic meats and eggs, which may be more expensive – but by then you would have learnt how to handle the budget.
- Don’t go for a complete pantry makeover at once. It might stress you out and make you crave for a return to your regular diet. Instead, make replacements in stages. Plan your diet first by exchanging each regular item on your list for its organic counterpart. Ease yourself into the new lifestyle.
- Find a reliable source. The local farmer’s market is the best place to shop at since it eliminates all middlemen and leaves the farmer with better profits. Online organic stores are also a good option as they have a wider range of products all at one place, at low prices and with door-delivery service. An online store like 24 Mantra, that provides detailed information about its history, products and methods, would help you trust your own decisions better.
- Keep in mind the “dirty dozen”, the twelve fruits and vegetables that the non-profit Environmental Working Group has labelled as the most susceptible to pesticide residue. Buy organic alternatives of these twelve offenders – peaches, apples, sweet bell peppers, celery, nectarines, strawberries, cherries, pears, imported grapes, spinach, lettuce, and potatoes. So here you go – you already have a list to kickstart your journey towards good health!
This might seem to require a lot of effort but the benefits are worth it. Organic food helps reduce pesticide content in your body, keeps your diet fresh, and may even aid in weight loss. To buy 100% organic produce, you can visit 24 Mantra’s website here: https://www.24mantra.com/